Q: How many internet mail list subscribers does it take
to change a light bulb?
- 1 to change the light bulb and to post to the mail
list that the light bulb has been changed
- 14 to share similar experiences of changing light
bulbs and how the light bulb could have been
- 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
- 27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about
changing light bulbs.
- 53 to flame the spell checkers
- 156 to write to the list administrator complaining about
the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness
to this mail list.
- 41 to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames.
- 109 to post that this list is not about light bulbs and
to please take this email exchange to alt.lite.bulb
- 203 to demand that cross posting to alt.grammar,
alt.spelling and alt.punctuation about changing
light bulbs be stopped.
- 111 to defend the posting to this list saying that we
are all use light bulbs and therefore the posts
**are** relevant to this mail list.
- 306 to debate which method of changing light
bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what
brand of light bulbs work best for this technique, and
what brands are faulty.
- 27 to post URLs where one can see examples of
different light bulbs
- 14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly, and
to post corrected URLs.
- 3 to post about links they found from the URLs that
are relevant to this list which makes light bulbs
relevant to this list.
- 33 to concatenate all posts to date, then quote
them including all headers and footers, and then
add "Me Too."
- 12 to post to the list that they are unsubscribing
because they cannot handle the light bulb
- 19 to quote the "Me Too's" to say, "Me Three."
- 4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.
- 1 to propose new alt.change.lite.bulb newsgroup.
- 47 to say this is just what alt.physic.cold_fusion
was meant for, leave it here.
- 143 votes for alt.lite.bulb.