Forums » Looking For Work

List of newest posts

• November 8, 2017 3:04 AM CST
    • Looking for work in North Houston preferred, but should find right spot ok. Benefits a plus. I was voted best groomer 2017 in Houston. I live close to Cleveland/Livingston area,59n. I know the grooming,dayvarr,etc like a book. I went to Golden paws pet styling school. I've had clients show in Westminster... I love what I do. I currently work In Houston, have been same place for 5 yrs... putting my feelers out

• January 18, 2016 11:06 AM CST
    • Would like part-time to start, will consider full time.  Over 4 decades experience  most breeds, all coat types.  Would prefer to work for another groomer, not a business person non-groomerm but I am open minded.

• October 8, 2015 12:31 PM CDT
    • I am a groomer with 20 years experience grooming all breeds who has relocated to the Selingsgrove/Bloomsburg area of PA. I have great skills in scissoring, clipper work and bathing and drying. I also am very knowledgeable of dog behavior and handling. Looking for work in bathing or grooming. I am mature,dependable, prompt, professional and relate well with clients. Please email me at clickertrickdog@gmail.com 

• June 1, 2015 10:29 AM CDT
    • I have 36 years professional grooming experience and have even owned and operated my own shop for over 16years, my two daughters are also groomers (one has over 10 years experience and has competed in grooming competitions and managed a grooming shop as well) , my youngest has over 2 years experience. We are all experienced in all breeds and cats.

We are currently living in Indiana and working in Kentucky.

We are considering a move to Idaho (Fruitland area) since we have family there. Are looking for any one looking to hire groomers. Let us know whats available.

Thank You ,

Linda Morris

ladylin861@yahoo.com

• March 30, 2015 1:42 AM CDT
    • Did you find work? I will give you a chance.

• November 15, 2014 2:58 PM CST
    • I've been grooming on and off for 6 years, I'm not the best i breed related styles, but I learn quickly.

I live in Denmark, but because of my daughters Aspergers syndrome, I am looking to go to either of these countries since the treatment and help posibilities are much larger and give her a better chance at thriving through her life.

I own two american cockers, that I do myself, I have a lot of experience in handstripping terriers, and pet trims with scissors and machine.

I hope to hear from anyone that is willing to give me and my daughter a chance to succeed in this.

• March 11, 2015 2:00 PM CDT
    • I have 7 years of experience grooming dogs and cats, and 15 years of experience working with pets in numerous settings, such as grooming salons, vets and boarding facilities. I have a large client list and am hoping to retain them by finding a position in the same area.

• February 15, 2015 9:25 AM CST
    • Hello. I am a groomer with 12 plus years experience in the industry. I do all breeds of dogs and cats, and I do quality work. I can hand-scissor, know my breeds and their appropriate trims, and most importantly, I do what the client is looking for to the best of my ability. I am looking for a part time position (2-3 days a week), and I am looking for a classy place with minimal drama. Please email me at namu5264@yahoo.com for more info. Thank you.

• February 11, 2015 5:19 PM CST
    • I moved to Rockland county from CT and am looking for a place to work. I've been grooming for almost 8 years. I'm looking for a fun, drama-free salon. I am a very hard working and passionate about what I do. I am always looking to improve my skills. Please contact me if interested for more. You can reach me at 860-662-1936.

• October 26, 2014 3:01 PM CDT
    • I have an experienced bather moving to the Portland area the first week of November. She's a great worker who will be missed by the rest of the staff. I recently took her with me to Hershey for Groom Expo so she could attend some of the seminars. She would really like to be a groomer in the future. This move came much sooner than she thought. If interested please contact me, Sharon Jackson at 315-782-3403 shop. Best Friends Doggie Day Spa. Thank you.

• September 3, 2014 10:15 PM CDT
    • I need a groomer ASAP if you're still interested. Apply at Petco.com for the wadsworth l location.

• May 12, 2014 4:47 PM CDT
    • Where at in Ohio?

• June 1, 2014 8:53 PM CDT
    • Hello Groomers

I'm relocating to the Knoxville TN area with my husband August 1st. Looking for a great grooming shop Drama free..... I groom both dogs and cats. Graduate of a grooming school. Have experience... Asking 50 plus commission...
      Please email me if you are looking for a very hard working dedicated groomer.
      Thank you

• March 29, 2014 8:17 PM CDT
    • Hi my name is Mary and me and my family will be moving to Knoxville TN on april 6 and i will be looking for a shop to groom in i have 20+yrs experience grooming all breeds of dogs and cats im looking for part time to start and possible full time in the future i have excellant comunication skills and work well with others i like quality more then quanity i love animals and safty is a first priority to me if you would like to speak to me feel free to email me at butterflylily2006@yahoo.com or call mr at 7077619051 please leave a msg thank you 

• December 26, 2013 8:59 PM CST
    • Still looking willing to possibly relocate too for the right job.

• November 5, 2013 6:50 AM CST
    • I am looking for part time grooming in or near the Grand Rapids, MI. area.

One, possibly two days a week, depending on work load, etc.

Please contact me privately, at Loralarpugluv@gmail.com

Thanks-Laura Libner

• November 5, 2013 6:49 AM CST
    • Seasoned experienced groomer looking for PT work in GR MI

Delete               

I have 30 years experience in the grooming field and am looking for a part time job to supplement my income. 

I am interested in one, possibly two days a week depending on the circumstances, etc.  Please contact me privately at Loralarpugluv@gmail.com

• October 21, 2013 1:10 PM CDT
    • Am still looking for work in the Morris County area. I have 15 years experience with all breeds.  Also have done cats, but very few. I was trained on the job by the first Grooming shop I worked at. And stayed with that shop for 10 years. (owner sold business) I did have all my own tools, but recently had to sell them, because I needed the money. I can usually groom anywhere from 5-8 dogs a day, depending on how many hours I work, and the breeds.

Would like something part time right now. Possibly doing full time. You can email me at aceinthehole05@yahoo.com or call at 862-258-3408.

Thanks for looking!!!

Lisa Timmons

• October 12, 2013 1:46 PM CDT
    • I disagree. I think by saying "team" they mean they want groomers who can work in the shop without constant sniping and fighting. Being expected to get along with your fellow groomers is no more making them employees than requiring attendees at grooming competitions to not backstab each other makes them employees.

Saying that you've got to do basics like clean up after yourself also doesn't mean you're an employee. It means they don't want lazy slobs working at the shop that the owner has to pick up after.

• October 12, 2013 10:39 AM CDT
    • I don't disagree with either of you, it is what makes us decent human beings.

However, when it is *expected* of an IC (groomer/hairstylist, which is not the same situation as an electrician or construction tradesperson) along with them saying that they provide the clients, you can bet this is an illegal work situation where they declare you as an IC but treat you as an employee. I wish we could get away from this % thing and do straight table rentals, it would make everything so much easier.

The IRS is cracking down in the US and any "boss" who thinks they can get away with it might find themselves mistaken down the road, with very high fines to pay for misclassification of employees.

• October 11, 2013 4:53 PM CDT
    • What Catsmom said. I've worked with other ICs and I have no issue helping out a fellow groomer or *gasp!!* even cleaning up their table or doing extra closing or opening duties for them.. or even*inconceivable I know!* helpig them out with the occasion dog grooming duty when they fall behind or have a unexpectedly work-heavy dog(perhaps someone was matted or unruly that we didn't know about).

It's entirely possible to be an IC and still a decent co-worker to the other people you work with. It doesn't have to be a catfight, back-biting nasty bunch of sniping attacks. I've dealt with that sort of environment as well, and I can deal with whatever. But it doesn't HAVE to be. Nothing stops you from giving a word of advice, holding a unruly dog for nails, picking up a bit of slack or covering them if something comes up. And nothing stops me from accepting the same help back.

Tomorrow I'm going in early to open the shop and run it by myself. I'll answer the phone, groom dogs, talk to clients, do some of the final cleanup, run the machines, clean out the bathing machine.... and I won't be an employee. I'm doing it because the boss won't be able to come in due to prior commitments. I don't mind. She does a ton of stuff for me too! A bit of give and take is NOT a bad thing.

• October 11, 2013 7:02 AM CDT
    • Not necessarily, Clover. Think of building a house. You have carpenters, plumbers, electicians, etc. And they all need to work togehter, sometimes side by side, to acheive an end result. Each has to make accommodations for the other.

Several groomers can still work as a team and retain their IC status. If one is falling behind and another has time, doing prep work or a bath for them doesn't make them an employee. If the other reciprocates when they can, you have teamwork. Contrinuting to overall succes is not jeopardizing IC status. JMO

What is sorely lacking in many shops is a leader. Fostering teamwork and a "if we help each other, we're all successful" attitude often starts at the top. So many issues I see on here could be solved, or avoided, by a strong leader.

• October 10, 2013 9:22 PM CDT
    • OT, but when are "fellow contractors" a "team"?! Illegal employee status much.

• October 9, 2013 9:18 PM CDT
    • I copied this from an online place. Maybe this will help? Good luck!

"Dog Groomer (Livonia) Michigan
      You will work at well-established, very clean, very friendly, upscale grooming shop in Livonia.

The following Qualifications Are A Must!
      "Experience Only"
      1. Gentle with the animals
      2. Must work efficiently with fellow contractors as a team.
      3. Must have hand scissoring experience.
      4. Personal appearance "must be neat and clean".
      5. Must be friendly, approachable and have good communication skills when serving the clients.
      6. Must be able to supply your own tools.
      7. Must be reliable

Full Time! Part Time! We have a fantastic client following.
      Call and ask for Dina at 734-466-3647. Please experience ONLY!

Thank You"

• October 9, 2013 3:48 PM CDT
    • Hi, I'm hoping to find a full time grooming job preferably at a veterinary clinic although i realize there are more shops than hospitals.  I'm conscientious, reliable, patient, accommodating and have 25 years of experience.  i live downriver but can travel up to 25 miles for work.  Please contact Susan at Pumi62@yahoo.com or call my cell at 248-891-5963.  Thanks!