Forums » Support

List of newest posts

• May 19, 2015 11:26 PM CDT
    • I'll remember the quotes, probably, thanks. I keep thinking, ooo what's a happy hoodie? Picturing dogs in sweatshirts w/hoodies. Found them, not sure what they'd be used for, except to protect the ears and hold them away when clipping the throat and chest. Well, and to tuck absorbers in.  Absorbers.....Oh yeah, gonna get those...and see if I still have my scrunchies. That groomer's aide and halti-lead use looks great too. Hmm, the groomers aide looks cumbersome to tote around, maybe not that.

• May 19, 2015 9:27 PM CDT
    • It took me a bit to get the quote part down too. If I edit the original message, leaving only the part I am actually replying about, I would have that problem. Then I saw the quote marks " up top in the tool bar just above what I am typing in right now. If you click on that, after you edit the original message, it will move your curser down and over. Then it will be apart from the quoted section.

It's SO easy to feel out of touch in this industry. Most of us work alone or with just one or two others. It doesn't give us a lot of people to toss ideas around with and to share things.  I found this website about 18 years ago. It was my life line. When Joyce, the original creator, became ill and asked me to take it over before she died, I was so honored.  We have gone through a bit of a slump the last year or so and participation was low. It's still not back to what it was 5 years ago, but I am SO happy that it's picking up again. It's feeling like home again. :)

Barb

• May 19, 2015 9:10 PM CDT
    • Never mind. Apparently I didn't even post it. Another one worked out just fine. Rolling eyeballs at myself.

• May 19, 2015 8:45 PM CDT
    • I noticed these nice, neat quotes that show up in their own little boxes with the quoter's response outside the box. How do you do that? I select quote, and it takes the message into a post, I edit to just what I am responding to, then respond, but it all ends up together, like my response is part of the quote. I love this site, and I do. This is even better than working along side other groomers. But I am beginning to feel old and seriously out of touch. OK, I am old and seriously out of touch. Just before, I felt I was only a little out of touch with technology...

• February 4, 2015 6:33 AM CST
    • ok, thanks, I thought the top of the page had been rearranged and my messages were now in two spots, I see today that thte new message box has been replaced by Rosetta Stone, makes sense now thank you

• February 3, 2015 8:52 PM CST
    • Under the purple GL links is a Google ad bar. Your GL message notification is up top by your notifications and profile.

• February 3, 2015 7:18 PM CST
    • my page says I have a new messageto view

up at the top where messages is it says (2)

but under the purple boxes that say Groomer Sidelines and Groomers Directory, there is a closed envelope an exclamation point and it says VIEW NEW MESSAGES

when I click on that it asks me to download somethign that it says is safe, some type of inbox thing.

Is this a trick?  I hate downloading stuff,,, 

• January 3, 2015 8:54 AM CST
    • Hi Barb,

I just realized the pics I was able to add are from the old camera, and we just got a new camera last year and those won't post, so it must have to do with the size of the file. I will try reducing the size of the files. Thanks for all your help.

Lisa

• January 1, 2015 8:53 AM CST
    • That could be the problem. You might also try reducing the size.  The digital cameras and phones have improved so much the last few years. The file sizes can be very large and take awhile to upload.

Barb

• December 30, 2014 9:11 AM CST
    • Thanks again Barb. That's what I'm doing.

I wonder if it is my internet connection timing out? It works sometimes and not others.

Lisa

• December 29, 2014 5:36 PM CST
    • You can post as many as you'd like, but can only do it one at a time. You'll need to Reply to your post to add another picture.

Barb

• December 29, 2014 4:10 PM CST
    • Is there a limit as to how many pictures i can add to the board or is it because I am new? Should I reduce the size before posting? I can't add a thirs pic to my post on my dog, to show his short cut from this summer. I just deleted the test pic from this post, just in case I am using too much space here. Thanks again.

Lisa

• December 28, 2014 11:02 AM CST
    • Oh! I chose the file under the wrong section...thanks again.

• December 28, 2014 10:58 AM CST
    • You need to click on reply rather than doing the quick reply box. It will give you the option of adding a picture.

Barb

• December 28, 2014 10:49 AM CST
    • How can I add pictures in line with the message instead of as a clickable link?

Thank you.

• January 13, 2014 8:30 PM CST
    • You're welcome. I don't remember what number I had it set to originally. If you need it increased, just let me know.

Barb

• January 13, 2014 7:57 PM CST
    • Thanks Barb! I can't do the notification thing, though. Between personal, animal shelter, the numerous groups I belong to, I easily get over 100 emails a day to wade through. I can't handle any more. That's why I liked the running list of all new posts. I could just glance through it and click on the ones I wanted to read.

• January 13, 2014 7:24 AM CST
    • I had changed the setting for the number of items in the activity feed. It seemed to go on forever. I increased it. Let me know if it's high enough now.

You can also get notifications by email of new topics. If you click on the Topic you are interested in, near the top you'll see an option to Watch it.

Barb

• January 13, 2014 7:05 AM CST
    • Since the new board started a year or few ago, I've been reading all the new posts from the Members Home page. It functioned most closely to the old tree view. I pop in only every few days and I could page down and catch all that I missed from the previous several. Now it seems like only one day is held in the Members Home page? So I have to go searching through a bazillion topics and posts to find anything new? Am I missing something? Isn't there a quick way to catch new posts?

• March 6, 2013 6:32 PM CST
    • Great, this helps a lot. I have said this for years, but I really am very close to purchasing a link from you. ;)

• March 6, 2013 6:21 PM CST
    • Here is a screen shot I just took of the stats.

It has slowed down some on the postings, but the traffic here is about the same as you can see by the page views.

Barb

• March 6, 2013 6:06 PM CST
    • Can you please share how many hits you are getting on this new site as compared to the old site? Has interest dropped from the move? I need to place my advertising dollars where they are going to make the most sense.

I appreciate your response. Smile

• December 2, 2012 10:25 PM CST
    • I post from my iPhone often and have no problems with it. In fact that's what I'm using now.
      I don't have an iPad, but I have access to one and will check it out in the next day or two.

Barb

• December 2, 2012 11:12 AM CST
    • When trying to submit my Reply, or to Add a Topic, I get this message on a all white page:

{"forum":{},"status":false,"error":"No file"}

• September 10, 2012 5:18 PM CDT
    • Yep, right here

http://groomers.net/messageboard/forums/182/groomer-referals

Barb