Forums » Tool Talk

List of newest posts

• August 3, 2016 1:30 PM CDT
    • Do you have the space to put in a second tub? Something very low that they can walk in to on their own?

They also make adjustable tubs, either hydraulic or electric. They are expensive though.

Barb

• August 3, 2016 10:35 AM CDT
    • I did that a couple times and it worked, but won't be able to this winter

• July 28, 2016 7:31 AM CDT
    • Working by myself, I don't do the giant dogs for that reason.  I do not have stairs to try and coax them up into the tub and I just can't lift them in myself.  At the clinic, I often do the giant dogs on the floor, over a floor drain.  It's a little messy, but there's no worry about water damage or issues in that area there.

If you have a secure place, could you hook a hose up to your tub and run it outside? 

Barb

• July 28, 2016 7:12 AM CDT
    • How do you bath giant dogs or dogs that will not get o to a tub. I need your help. This is my set up now.

• April 29, 2016 1:05 AM CDT
    • What kind if batteries are actually inside? Meaning can u buy new lith-ion batteries and replace them instead of buying a by god volt repkacement. Ive had luck with my dremel tool curious about the volt battery pack.

• April 5, 2015 6:35 PM CDT
    • Thank you..now I'm even more convinced that there are a slew of andis blades out there that are being sold as new that actually are NOT. I just ordered a third one from a trusted dealer and I'm hoping for the best...if not, I will follow your lead and get a Wahl blade. Thanks so much for your input.
      Karyn

• April 5, 2015 6:28 PM CDT
    • We had the same problem with our newly bought 30s a few months ago, I broke 2 in about a week and same for the other groomer. I switched from andis to wahl competition and haven't had any break. I never had a problem with my andis 30s before the rash of broken ones, though.

• April 5, 2015 1:22 PM CDT
    • No...never...just for pads. I bought two in the last three weeks and both lost teeth within a week.My old one lasted two years! I'm wondering if people are selling reconditioned, over sharpened blades and representing them as new!So frustrating.

• April 5, 2015 1:17 PM CDT
    • Are you using them under the metal comb attachments? If so, those things eat 40 blades fast. A 15 or 30 work well under them.

Barb

• April 5, 2015 12:42 PM CDT
    • Why oh why do the teeth on my 40 blades keep breaking? This is rediculous.I'm Sooooo careful!
      Any suggestions???

• February 14, 2015 10:42 AM CST
    • The company said what you said about the vacuum repair place

Thanks

• February 13, 2015 3:26 PM CST
    • Have your tried contacting the company? They may be able to help. I've also heard that most vacuum repair places can do motor replacements on the dryers.

Barb

• February 13, 2015 10:51 AM CST
    • Can anyone tell me how to get the motor out of my Air Force master blaster? Please

• December 8, 2014 2:05 PM CST
    • I have a stand dryer which is nice, but it is on the other side of the room, it is used on one crate we sometimes put dogs in with long hair, it makes them straight and we dont' use it often. I used to enjoy having it near the table but when the other groomer started, we ran out of room  Am hoping the modified arm from Barb will help !!

• December 8, 2014 2:00 PM CST
    • I have a CC Groomers third hand, I don't use it often but have used it with the Force dryer, just take off the spade attachment to cut down on air force a little and it works pretty good ( just a bit noisy in my smaller shop).  

• December 5, 2014 6:47 PM CST
    • Barb, i sent you an email... thanks

• December 5, 2014 6:43 PM CST
    • Barb. I would like to try to renovate your one you don't want if you don't mind boxing it up. I am pretty handy with various clamps and zip ties and I have an extra grooming arm I could put on the other side of my table to perhaps hold it.

I have a couple of ideas to try,,

I think I could make it work,,,

I will message you my address. no hurry, I know Xmas is a busy time!  thanks, 

• December 4, 2014 9:47 PM CST
    • I can't figure out the clamp on the hose.  But...if it is easy on/easy off, it is a good value.  Plus, black looks more professional than aluminum.  I am determned to figure out how to make these work for me!

• December 4, 2014 5:01 PM CST
    • thank you so much, I found this one as I was looking for a new HV dryer, this is $35.  I thought it would be good while I clip nails, clean ears, etc.  My table is rather long, so I dont' think it'd be in the way if I did it at the end away from my grooming loop arm.

EZ Grooming Arm
      The Best Grooming "third arm" on the market. No more hard-to-squeeze clamps. 
      • Mounts to tabletops up to1-1/2 inches thick.
      • 20-inch arm is fully adjustable and remains in place.
      • Clamp rotates up to 90 degrees for maximum flexibility in drying.
      • Holds both concentrator and flat nozzle designs
      • Black electro-coating
      dog hair dryer grooming third armdog blow dryer third arm

• December 4, 2014 2:35 PM CST
    • Ohhhh, I want help with this issue!!!!!. Currently have 3 versions, none perfect: stand version sits on table for hand drier (don't like it sitting on table), cheapo groomers 3rd arm the clamp is too strong to mess with easily, and top of the line chris christensen (for hv or hand dryer) but I just can't get used to having another "arm" attached to my table. I really need to figure this out cause I want an option to be drying the head/ears on opposite side of my stand dryer. Am gonna try attaching it to wall near table where I can just bend it out of the way when done. The chris christensen is definitely superior.  Happy to send you the groomers 3rd arm. Oh, and I've even tried bungeeing hand drier to my stand drier...and investigated the aeolus wall/ceiling mount...incredibly hard to justify $280+intl shipping!!!!!

• December 4, 2014 12:58 PM CST
    • I have one that is meant for a human hair dryer. It's on a stand so the force behind the hv knocks it over. I think the goose neck part would be strong enough if it could be clamped to the table.
      If you'd like to try modifying it I'd be happy to send it to you.

Barb

• December 3, 2014 7:06 PM CST
    • anybody ever try one of these groomer arms for your force dryer hose?  any ideas on how to make one or if they really work?

• August 11, 2014 4:50 PM CDT
    • My kids show cattle in 4-H, those are the blades we use for cattle. They are VERY sharp, the blocking blade will take you very short. I would be very cautious using them on the furkids. I did use the blending blade once to get under a coat that was matted to the entire body, he was a rescue that I shaved down for a friend, it was impossible for me to get the coat off any other way. The coat coming off was like a cast!

• July 9, 2014 8:42 AM CDT
    • Thanks for the reply, Barb!  I haven't seen anyone using them, but had wondered if maybe they would be good for blending things like skirt lines. 

• July 6, 2014 11:11 PM CDT
    • I just recently got a couple in a bunch of blades and clippers I bought from someone. I've never used them before and haven't remembered to try them. I think they are used for skimming rather than for clipping. I do know they are SHARP! My guess is they would be good to take off a large amount of coat off of a big dog before scissoring.

I've never felt like I was missing something by not having them the past 25+ years. 

Barb