Forums » Customer Relations

List of newest posts

• September 14, 2016 11:34 AM CDT
    • That is such a cute idea!

Lisa

• November 3, 2014 6:06 PM CST
    • that is really cool.  Wish I had a phone to take good pictures. my camera is SO hard to work with....

• November 3, 2014 2:24 PM CST
    • Cutting out the dog rather than just a square is a fantastic idea! I love that! It seems to much more personalize and high dollar that just the squared frame.

Thank you!

Barb

• November 3, 2014 1:45 PM CST
    • I try to schedule a 2nd appointment before a new client leaves.  If they are hesitant, I ask if they would like a "grooming reminder" text or email in x weeks.  For each new client I then send a card "thanking them for trusting me with little Suzie", enclose a business card, a business magnet card, and most importantly a Photo Magnet of their pup.  Clients LOVE the photo magnets & I've even gotten some 1-time clients (whose dogs really don't need grooming) just because they've heard about my photo magnets.  It costs about $.20 and 10 minutes:  I buy Avery magnet sheets on which I print a photo that I've taken with my phone.  I can get about 50 magnets out of the Avery 5-sheet packet for $9.  The most important thing is to cut out the magnet in the shape of the dog, MUCH cuter than a square photo.  The attached photo is not my magnet, but a fridge magnet I received years ago, that gave me the idea.  (I must admit to having trimmed off the occasional stickie-outtie when cutting out the magnet :)  Thx dawg, your christmas gift post reminded me to post this.

• March 24, 2015 6:48 PM CDT
    • I have one customer who refers to his dogs dew claws as "climbing claws". Maybe he's correct, but I'd never heard that term before.

One customer asked what are those hard hairs growing out of her dog's face. When I said they were whiskers, she said, "Oh, I thought only cats have whiskers, not dogs."

When the weather was just starting to turn cold, one customer showed up with a big fluffy bath towel (it looked brand new) and said, "Here, I brought you a towel to use on my dog now that it's cold out." Really?? I'm a dog groomer and she thinks I have no towels??

Okay, this is someone else's, but I remember reading on the old board that someone made an appointment to bring in their "Golden Noodle".

• March 24, 2015 8:38 AM CDT
    • Seriously Laughing so loud the dogs came running!  OH MY GOSH!!!!

• March 23, 2015 4:50 PM CDT
    • Oh Oh Oh!  I can't believe I forgot this one!

During a loooooong conversation with a sheltie owner, on how much time it takes to brush out a year's worth of undercoat, she had been doing it and couldn't believe how much was there and how long it was taking, she asked if I could just shave the undercoat out.

Yep, she did...

Barb

• March 23, 2015 4:34 PM CDT
    • OH MY GOSH they are Crazy!  ha ha

• March 23, 2015 3:21 PM CDT
    • Ha, these are great! The other day I had a client explain that she wanted a close sanitary in the dog, saying 'and I mean I want to see the the third eye looking back at me.'

• March 22, 2015 4:12 PM CDT
    • Frog???  LOL

That's funny. I had one refer to it as a fur burger.... That was just a bit gross.....

I went round and round for months with an owner of a schnauzer that wanted poodle legs on his dog. He meant poodle FEET.

I used to do a rounded head on a couple of Shih Tzus but with the rounded head they wanted a big banded topknot. They called it their chrysanthemums?

Barb

• March 22, 2015 4:04 PM CDT
    • Monkey feet:  Poodle feet

Bridging:  I had to ask, I did not know, means SKIRT

FROG,, I had to ask again, female private parts

I had a lady wanted to get her female "artifically stimulated"

It can be hard not to laugh, I can't even think of them all now,,

I had another groomer say the owner wanted the 

Annuals done,,,

and she did not mean shots!

share yours, please, they are always good for a laugh, my best one was the lady who wanted her Rockwilder to have a nail trim,

when I gave her a time and said, I had her Rotweiller down for a nail visit,

she very pointedly corrected me,

"Yes, my ROCK WILDER, will be there,"