Forums » Attention Board Members

List of newest posts

• August 13, 2016 9:36 PM CDT
    •  

If you receive an email from a brown19james@gmail.com, saying he got your email from the ndgaa site, and wants you to groom a samoyed, it is a scam.

You can read more here https://www.facebook.com/1IDlegal/posts/333198963399586

While it's old, you can see in the comments that several groomers have been contacted today from that address.

I received it today as well. It seemed a little odd, something about it wasn't right. I did reply, letting him know I didn't do large dogs and referred him to another shop. I then let the other shop know, showed them the email,  and voiced my concerns that something didn't seem right with it. She agreed with me, then I googled his email address and found the above.

Barb

• August 25, 2015 4:03 PM CDT
    • To keep the good news rolling.........  I am super excited to announce that the Groomers Lounge has been nominated for the Barkleigh Honors Website or Facebook Page of the Year!

Barb

• August 24, 2015 5:46 PM CDT
    • Wow! I am honored and pleasantly surprised! I just found out I was nominated for the Barkleigh Honor Award for Up and Coming Speaker. I've never considered myself a great speaker. The subjects I talk about though (Employees, IC's, OSHA, Labor Laws, etc) I feel are very important to the industry. I have put in so much time researching and learning about the topics and I'm thrilled that my efforts have been recognized. I'm so happy that others think the topics are important to the industry as well. Thank you to everyone that nominated me! While I of course hope I win, just knowing the work I've put into my classes is appreciated has me walking on air right now!

Barb

• March 24, 2015 7:38 AM CDT
    • We have our winner!

• March 14, 2015 7:34 AM CDT
    • The deadline has been extended to March 22, 2015.

• March 1, 2015 10:17 AM CST
    • It's time for our next big giveaway!!

Barkleigh Productions is giving away one Do-It-All pass to a grooming show of your choice!

For your chance to win, let's hear your great customer stories. Starting now, until 11:59 pm central time on March 15, 2015 you will get one entry for each great customer story you share at the link below. A random winner from all entries will be picked on March 16, 2015.

http://groomers.net/messageboard/forums/156/great-customers

Thank you Barkleigh Productions!

Barb

• February 9, 2015 12:08 PM CST
    • Hi Barb,

Awesome! I'm glad to hear you love the small chunkers. I can't wait to try them.

Jeff is sending instructions on use and care as well. Such great customer service!

Lisa

• February 9, 2015 12:01 PM CST
    • You're welcome Lisa :)

I have a pair of the small ones from Jeff. I LOVE them. I use them far more than my big ones.

Barb

• February 9, 2015 9:21 AM CST
    • Hi, I wanted to say thank you so much to Jeff for sponsoring a prize in the 20th anniversary contest, and thanks to Barb for this wonderful message board/resource. I am absolutely thrilled to have won something.

I am so looking forward to trying the chunkers out. I have been letting my dog go without a haircut, just so I have more to work with. ;)

I chose the small size chunkers since Jasper is a Shih Tzu. I will post before and afters of him and let you know how I like the scissors. They should be in th email right now.

Thank you once again.

Lisa

• February 2, 2015 1:39 PM CST
    • We have our winner!!!

Zoomom, please contact

Jeff Andrews
      Northern Tails Sharpening, Inc.
      1956-J University Blvd. S.
      Suite# 333
      Mobile, AL 36609
      Call 251-232-5353

to claim your prize!

Barb

• January 31, 2015 5:04 PM CST
    • Only a few more hours left to get entered to win!

Barb

• January 22, 2015 2:13 PM CST
    • I just want to bump this up to make sure everyone sees it :)

Barb

• January 14, 2015 3:42 PM CST
    • Jeff just told me you can choose from either the large or small chunkers, both available in left or right handed. Retail value $90 - $120.

Thanks Jeff!

Barb

• January 14, 2015 1:25 PM CST
    • Our first giveaway comes from

Jeff Andrews
      Northern Tails Sharpening, Inc.
      1956-J University Blvd. S.
      Suite# 333
      Mobile, AL 36609
      Call 251-232-5353

He has a pair of NT Chunkers 24 tooth, either left or right handed to award to one of our members.

For your chance to win, go to the Forum Topics link above, and then to the Breed Styles category. Reply to any of the current topics or create a new one. You will receive one entry for each post in that category between now and 11:59 CST on January 31st, 2015.  On Sunday February 1, a winner will be drawn from all the entries.

Ready....... Set...... GO!

Barb

• January 13, 2015 10:11 PM CST
    • It's Our Anniversary!!!

2015 marks the 20th anniversary of The Groomers Lounge! First and foremost I want to thank all of our sponsors, both past and present. We could have never done it without you. I'm sure Joyce never imagined in 1995 the impact her dream of bringing groomers together with a simple website has had on so many people. Her simple community website has grown to become home for thousands groomers. Their input is directly responsible for the site growing to include over 10,000 pages of information. We could have never done it though, without the support of our sponsors.

In appreciation of your support, all 2015 invoicing for both new and current advertising, will include a 20% discount.

Again, thank you so much for your support. We couldn't have done it without you!

20 years....... What a great 20 it's been too! I want to send out a huge THANK YOU! to all of our members as well. The support, advise, and encouragement each and every one of you have given over the years is inspiring. Joyce was such a blessing to the grooming community, allowing us to grow and learn together.

Our members have been a blessing too, showing how different ideas and methods can be discussed with dignity, respect and maturity.
      Thank you! This will be an exciting year full of lots of celebration. Be sure to join us as we celebrate with several giveaways from our sponsors. The first one will be announced soon!

Barb

• January 16, 2015 1:48 PM CST
    • I order from them a couple times a year. Luckily I did not while they were having the above issues.

I had no problem with an order I made last month. In fact it was here before the expected delivery date.

Barb

• January 16, 2015 7:58 AM CST
    • Wow! I just read this and hope you got everything sorted out back then, Chilly...
      Has anyone had any problems with this company recently?
      Bee

• January 15, 2015 9:28 PM CST
    • You're welcome :)

Welcome to the GL!

Barb

• January 15, 2015 7:18 PM CST
    • Firstly, I want to thank Barb for her continued patience and guidance to get me in the door.. I was totally at a loss.
      Secondly, I look forward to reading the threads and endeavor to learn something from each one.
      Thanks for having me. :)

• September 12, 2014 4:05 PM CDT
    • I am so excited to announce that Christein Sertzel is joining us at the Groomers Lounge.
      She is generously sharing her new book Canine Massage For the Pet Salon with us. 
      She will be posting it one chapter at a time on her blog page.

You can find and follow Christein's blog entries here

http://groomers.net/messageboard/blogs/2960

Thank you Christein!

Barb

• February 28, 2014 10:03 PM CST
    • I'd like to welcome Bandanas Unlimited as our new sponsor.

Check out their website at http://www.bandanasunlimited.com .

They carry a large variety of bandanas, bows, smocks and fabrics at wholesale prices.

FREE small dozen bandanas with your first web order

FREE small dozen bandanas for every six dozen ordered

FREE small dozen bandanas for every $200 ordered (before tax)

FREE bandanas for double the amount of your shipping cost for orders over $100 (before tax) SUPER DEAL

Barb

• January 30, 2014 8:29 AM CST
    • thank you for the gift card,  I purchased 3 books made from my own clients photos I had taken of different styles. I have a Yorkie book, a fluffy dog book and a spaniel and OTHER dog book so clients can look at actual styles from MY clients, styles that I have done and choose something for their dog.

I am excited about the books and I have a little money left over.  Thanks again.  

• January 7, 2014 4:37 PM CST
    • Oh no!

So far, my water pipes have all been good. 

My Dad's? Not so much...

He is down south where it's warm. He shut his water off when he left. My sister stayed there over the weekend and turned it back on, but forgot to shut it off. We checked it last night and found everything frozen and a broken pipe. (he keeps the heat very low when he's out of town). There was no mess as it was all still frozen.

We shut the water off again, and he will have some repairs to do when he gets back. :(

Barb

• January 7, 2014 2:22 PM CST
    • wow!  what a nice surprise after a rough day,, dishwasher froze, upstairs water froze, no dog coming to the salon, horses are all fussy and carrying firewood all day.  this is VErY NICE< THANK YOU!  

• January 6, 2014 11:50 AM CST
    • Congrats Chilly!! :)