Forums » Random Thoughts

List of newest posts

• May 30, 2012 9:21 PM CDT
    • I wonder if they are changing the pages gradually. Mine in a business page and still not getting the notice to pay.
      Or would it be because I never claimed my page? 

• May 30, 2012 5:19 PM CDT
    • "Get more people who like your Page to see this post" 

That is what it says when you click the Promote button.  I saw a tutorial on it and nope, not everyone who likes the page gets to see the posts now.

• May 30, 2012 5:14 PM CDT
    • Actually, as far as I understand it, the people who have "liked" the page will see it in THEIR newsfeed regardless of i you pay that $5 or not. You pay the $5 to be included in additional newsfeeds or as random inserts, even if you have not posted in your page recently. If the people who "like" your page have changed their settings to NOT see updates from your page, or only some updates from your page, I believe it can "push" the updates onto their newsfeed.

That's what someone who does a lot of facebook stuff for people told me when I was asking about "how effective would a FB page be for the business?".

• May 30, 2012 4:33 PM CDT
    • Just an FYI for anyone that has a Page (business not personal) on Facebook, if you want your posts to it to be seen by everyone who has liked the page, you have to pay for it.

Right under where I post is a button that says Promote. Click on it and it says "Get more people who like your Page to see this post" and it gives me the option of paying $5 to get it to approximately 500 newsfeeds.

So unless I pay, not everyone who has liked the page will see what is posted.....

I suppose that is a step to stopping all the companies who make pages and use them as free advertising for their products. 

Now, there is an option for the user to go to Pages they have Liked and request to see it in their newsfeed. If you hover over the Liked tab, you'll see the option to Show In Newsfeed. I don't know if that guarantees it if the page does not choose to pay for the postings.

• May 30, 2012 3:24 PM CDT
    • Unfortunately, 'could' is not stressed in most of the cases. Instead everyone is warned to never ever use that product because IT is bad.

There is a chance of a bad skin reaction any time something is applied.  We've all had a dog come up itchy after a grooming when no other dog is bothered by the particular products we use.  It happens.  It doesn't necessarily make the product bad.  It makes it bad for that animal.

You should see what happens to my skin when I use Irish Spring soap. (hmmm do they even make that anymore??)

• May 30, 2012 7:46 AM CDT
    • Warning people of the risks of what COULD happen to their pet when not using a veterinary prescribed flea/tick medication is why I appreciate those types of FB posts.   Owners need to know that the potential is there.

I used K9Advantage II on my 4# Pom and 13# puggle that I am fostering last month.  I purchased it from another groomer online and both of the dogs blew up in horrible burn-like skin irritation overnight, and lost their hair in those areas, which is still not starting to  grow back.    I've never had a reaction like that with my Pom before, so I have no idea what caused the problem, but I threw the remaining 3 applications away, not wanting to risk that type of reaction again.  I gave them both baths the next day, but the damage was done.  I am now afraid to use any topical on either of them for fear of a similar reaction.  Fleas are a real issue at the farm where I live with my Dad right now, but hopefully moving into town in the next week or so will help. 

• May 17, 2012 8:39 PM CDT
    • Hey, I'm part of that 3%!!! What an elite group we are! Wink Our systems must be special.

I can't stand fear mongering of any kind. It's manipulation at it's highest level. And it tends to prey on and take advantage of people in a weaker position: Lack of education, lower intelligence or economically depressed. If you pander to their fears, you can control them. The worst part of it is that it's usually based on erroneous information or an exaggeration of a minimal fact.

• May 17, 2012 8:14 PM CDT
    • It's that way about EVERYTHING. Especially if it relates to some political agenda. I mean, think about how easy it would be to have some AR group showing a picture of different people mistreating their animals and then saying no one should ever be allowed to own pets? Oh, wait, they already use that tactic.

Same with "My groomer did XX bad.. don't trust groomers!"

• May 17, 2012 8:03 PM CDT
    • The internet is a powerful tool. It can be used for good or not so good intentions.

Today I saw a picture of a dog who had a reaction to a flea and tick product. There was a huge warning about how no one should ever use this product.

It bothered me because ANY dog/cat/person can have a reaction to something. I am one of the 3% of people that can not take sulpha drugs. I surely don't go around showing pictures of my reaction and warning people about using them.

That's all. It was just something that bugged me all day. :)