Forums » Corded Breeds

List of newest posts

• May 19, 2015 11:16 PM CDT
    • I'm getting better. I'm told I'll recover entirely, just wish it wouldn't take so long. It's been since mid January. I have really enjoyed going through this site. Varied and wonderfully organized.

• May 19, 2015 9:33 PM CDT
    • Oh no! I hope you are making a full recovery?

I'm finally getting to the 'its just hair' stage on my dogs. :)  I LOVE a lot of hair and usually keep Drew out long, but I'm alright with taking him short now and then. He grows coat super fast so I don't have to wait long for it to grow out. Sebastian I tend to keep on the shorter side too. Addy has been corded for years now so there's little maintenance to them.

Barb

• May 19, 2015 9:03 PM CDT
    • He's a good looking boy either way. I have two standard greys and one standard white. Right now, they are merely passable, pretty much nicely rough cut. Something had to give after I got a concussion, so the two grays are shave downs, one with poodle head and tail, one cut in a soft coated terrier head neither with a scissoro to their feet to neaten or even poodle feet. The white might stilll get special treatment. I haven't shaved down her legs and she brushes out easily. I love giving her leg poms and dying her topknot, ears, tail and leg poms hot pink. She's so stinkin cute that way. It highlights her cute, exagerated, playing leg movments. I even shaved all my cocker except his domed topknot. His head is just too flat to shave down. Luckily, as long as I tell them how beautiful or handsome they are, they don't care what they look like. Looking up... they need it again, at least on their faces and sanitary areas. When I get back to working even close to full time, I'm getting the Oops-you-can't-work insurance. There is very little help otherwise. Have to be able to work for unemployment and food stamps don't even come close to feeding you. Ha-Ha I'm looking at dandelions in a whole new way now

• February 3, 2015 11:03 PM CST
    • What a beauty! Same color as my boy :)

• February 3, 2015 8:29 AM CST
    • Thanks for the info, Barb!

Lisa

• February 3, 2015 8:19 AM CST
    • He has an amazing coat. The only time I brush him is when I groom him, every 4-6 weeks. He just doesn't matt easily at all.

In general though the cords are so much easier. Once they are formed and set, there is very little maintenance.

Barb

• February 3, 2015 8:19 AM CST
    • He has an amazing coat. The only time I brush him is when I groom him, every 4-6 weeks. He just doesn't matt easily at all.

In general though the cords are so much easier. Once they are formed and set, there is very little maintenance.

Barb

• February 3, 2015 8:12 AM CST
    • Wow, the long coat is gorgeous! What a handsome boy!

• February 3, 2015 8:05 AM CST
    • I really loved the cords, but like the last picture better,, which is easier to care for?

• February 3, 2015 7:23 AM CST
    • I just love him in long coat

• February 3, 2015 7:15 AM CST
    • Hi Barb,

That is a great haircut, too, and with his colour I think he will look striking.

I have to keep looking through the archives as I love seeing what everyone does with their dogs. There is so much creativity and skill involved.

Best wishes,

Lisa

• February 2, 2015 9:39 PM CST
    • Thanks! I took the cords off last month. He has a fabulous coat and I love running my hands through it.  I'll be growing him back out to a banded topknot and continental. :)

Barb

• February 2, 2015 3:00 PM CST
    • He is beautiful! I love the corded head and tail.

• June 23, 2014 9:57 PM CDT

I'll try to get some more current pictures up of him. His cords look great now!

Barb

• June 23, 2014 8:30 PM CDT
    • Looks fantastic!!!!

• February 18, 2014 9:26 PM CST

He never liked his tail done, so I tended to avoid it. Then as it started to get longer, I really liked it, so I just quit trimming it. :)

Barb

• February 18, 2014 5:43 PM CST
    • love it...and tail, too!

• February 18, 2014 5:31 PM CST
    • I cut the cords from Drew's neck and shoulder area. I was going for a mane, but it just didn't balance well.  I like it much better like this.

Barb

• October 20, 2013 9:50 AM CDT
    • I scissored her tail still can't let go of the roundness.LOL Drew's cords look great!

• October 20, 2013 9:13 AM CDT
    • It's looking great! Drew's tail is my favorite part. 

I had quit scissoring it a long time ago, before I quit brushing it. ;)

The way he carries it, so nice and high, I liked how the long coat looked better than I liked a nice round scissored pom.

His body coat would take ages and too much work for me to cord. Instead, I am doing his topknot, a long mane, and his tail.

Barb

• October 19, 2013 3:31 PM CDT
    • So its been 3 months already and here is Gypsy's tail.

I know it is far from perfect, but sure is different;)

• July 20, 2013 5:07 PM CDT
    • You've got good separation. I can see what you mean at the skin level.  Just keep working to separate it and you should be good to go. The regrowth will also need separated regularly.

Barb

• July 20, 2013 12:27 PM CDT
    • oops! I have no idea how big they are. Hope not too big!

• July 20, 2013 12:25 PM CDT
    • Here is Gypsy's tailafter bath no brushing

• July 19, 2013 4:25 PM CDT
    • Thanks, I'll work on it Sat., I'll try and upload a pic.