Forums Site Information News and Announcements
  • Topic: Welcome!!!!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 21, 2012 12:51 PM CST
    • Welcome!!!!

Welcome to the NEW Groomers Lounge message board!

After months of searching, I finally found the software I thought will work best for us.

You will have to register again to post here. As long as no one beats you to it, you can choose the same username that you have on the BBS. I must approve each registration, please be patient as I work through them as quickly as possible.

I will continue to copy some of the threads from the BBS over to here, eventually, I will be shutting it down for new posts. It will always be open for the archives as there is too much valuable information there to lose.

Please post here often so we can get these topics full!

I will be adding a few more goodies here and there as we all get used to the new look.

If you have any questions about the new place, please email me at progroom@sbcglobal.net or post under the Support topic.

Thanks and ENJOY!!

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• January 21, 2012 3:26 PM CST
    • Welcome!!!!

I'm still working out the bugs but I can't know they are here until we get posting and playing around on it. :)

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• The following users say thanks to admin for this useful post:
    • January 23, 2012 3:38 PM CST
    • Welcome!!!!

Fixed it for you. :)

• February 3, 2012 6:50 PM CST
    • Welcome!!!!

I'm getting the layout of certain pages as squished to one side. Of course, I don't know if it's the page or my laptop acting crazy. Sometimes it's a full page of stuff, sometimes it's the background with all the text/stuff lined up to one side.

• February 3, 2012 6:52 PM CST
    • Welcome!!!!

If you are using Internet Explorer, up top at the end of the website address, is an icon that looks like a piece of paper torn in half. Click on that. It's some compatability something or other. It should fix it.

Barb

• February 4, 2012 11:23 AM CST
    • Welcome!!!!

HAHA! I'm here!  I couldn't get things to work at first but Barb helped me,THANKS Barb! I haven't posted much in the past but I'm excitied about the new format and am going to try to post alot more. I've been a lurker for some time now on this sight and love all the information and help you offer here. Hello everyone!

• February 4, 2012 11:32 AM CST
    • Welcome!!!!

You're welcome :)

I know there will be some time as we all learn the new program. While we lose some things from the old one, there's new things we didn't have before. I think it will all balance out.

Griffygroomer, I love that picture!  I used to do one years ago. He was such a great dog. I wish we had more around here.

• February 4, 2012 11:55 AM CST
    • Welcome!!!!

Thats my girl Gem, I have 3 griffs 2 rough 1 smooth, Gem was my 4th I had her for almost 3 years but placed her about 6 months ago because my griff boy and her didn't get along that good, they didn't fight,I wouldn't allow that, but for example he'd let her play with the others to a certain extent but when she'd try to run and chase he'd start barking right up in her face then she'd freeze and stare him down, basically I'd have to pick him up just so she could play! They could never come to terms with who was dominant and it stressed both of them out. I miss her ALOT, but I know she is happier now and I can tell he is too! I have pics of all mine and when looking to see which one to use it just had to be her, at least for now, My hubby saw the pic I used and I told him I miss her and he said I know I do to, She is just the sweetest happiest little dog! I actually kept my boy because he would have been harder to place,haha!

• February 4, 2012 12:15 PM CST
    • Welcome!!!!

Yeah, there are some dogs that just don't work with others. It can make for huge stress in the household, which isn't fair to anyone.

Barb

• February 5, 2012 9:04 AM CST
    • Welcome!!!!

Yes, it's probably because you'e on your phone. If you scroll to the bottom, you can get to the full non mobile version. You may be able to do it from there.

Barb

• February 5, 2012 11:08 AM CST
    • Welcome!!!!

I was getting ready to complain....lol, But I really like this new set up Barb! Thanks to you for thinking of all of us!

Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy. Albert Einstein

• February 5, 2012 11:24 AM CST
    • Welcome!!!!

Thank you.

I know it will be an adjustment. It's an adjustment for ME. lol

I LOVE our discusware board. I searched and searched for a couple YEARS hoping someone loved it as much as I did and took over the company or made something similar. No go.....

I think this one being so interactive with the members, being able to post on their profiles, the chat features, the instant messages, will be a lot of fun.

Barb

• February 5, 2012 12:04 PM CST
    • Welcome!!!!

Go to the top to My Profile. Then under your picture, or non picture ;) click edit profile. The second tab should get you there.

Barb

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel