Forums Classifieds Wanted: Used Grooming Equipment
  • Topic: Wanted: Grooming DVDs

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 28, 2013 11:15 AM CST
    • Wanted: Grooming DVDs

Beginner groomer on a budget looking for grooming DVD's of all types! Please email if you have any your done studying!

"Heads Compilation" DVD from Sue Zecco and Jay Scruggs would be a big treat!

and the book "Notes from the Grooming Table" Smile

erinago06@yahoo.com

• January 30, 2013 5:33 PM CST
    • Wanted: Grooming DVDs

Hi! I see no one has made a comment yet. The grooming dvd's are nice to watch cause you can learn a few things from them. What I discovered from the Sue and Jay dvd's is.....that isn't what our client's actually want. They are awesome groomers and groom dogs that need another grooming in 4-6 weeks. Thing is...most of your client's may not want that. They want pet trims and trims that require less grooming for them. Least I have found this in my area and  do have the video's and watch them just because it's dogs lol. I am nuts about dogs. I would maybe try Jody Murphy's dvd's..I have most of them also haha!!! They are cheaper then Sue and Jay's and teach well as long as your a visual learner. The best way to learn is hands on!!! Ask neighbors...friends...anyone who has a dog if you can practice on them. If there is plenty of coat..try your hand at some scissoring ..then go shorter..Just play around and experiment with your tools and the coat. Look at pictures and see if you can copy the trim. These are are of the things I did and it worked well for me. Just depends on what type of learner you are. I also shadowed groomers...maybe you can try that :)  That way you can get more of an idea and be able to ask questions too!!!

Hope I helped some! And do get Notes From The Grooming Table!!! That is a must! Was for me anyway!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel