Forums General Mobile Grooming Routing and Scheduling
  • Topic: appointments software

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 18, 2013 3:52 PM CDT
    • appointments software

Hello

I wonder what r u guys using to schedule multiple mobile groomers.

I was looking into MGroomer but u have to pay for the free trial ???? Rigth there is a red flag for me. and is not much information on their website.

I need to run it from iphone/ipad.

Thank You!!!

• May 18, 2013 6:35 PM CDT
    • appointments software

Check out Store Vantage. They are a sponsor here, you can find their link at the top of the page. They have a very customizable scheduling program. They also have great tech support to help you get it set up the way that works best for you.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• The following users say thanks to admin for this useful post:
    • May 19, 2013 7:40 AM CDT
    • appointments software

2nd vote for StoreVantage. Your clients can schedule themselves and you can customize it to an area so that clients can't schedule in one town and then the net appointment 2 towns away and then back to the original town. If they can work out my weird scheduling, they can work out anyone's.

"And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one small creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up?"...
      Charles Dickens

• The following users say thanks to catsmom for this useful post:
    • May 19, 2013 10:53 AM CDT
    • appointments software

I have Store Vantage too!  Love it!  has an online booking option, schedule, reminders, reports etc.  based on number of clients now instead of number of employees.  Let me know if you are interested..they just sent me an email about sending them referrals.

• The following users say thanks to k9blades for this useful post:
    • May 19, 2013 12:11 PM CDT
    • appointments software

Thank you everybody 

I just checked Store Vantage, looks good but I'm afraid that the online schedule could be complicated since is not tailor for mobile groomers. How do you control the areas?.

I do like the view and that they offer a free trial. Before I do, I'm trying to learn the pros and cons from a groomer point of view

• May 19, 2013 12:21 PM CDT
    • appointments software

Their tech support should be able to  walk you through setting it up in any way you need it.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• May 19, 2013 12:49 PM CDT
    • appointments software

I only personally book for 2 days a week here at home. The clinic does their own booking, so no, I don't use it. But if you do a search on here (up top here on the right) you'll find a few threads about it.  They have helped set up a few of the more difficult booking schedules. From what I've read, it's pretty easy to customize, and they have suggestions on the best way to make it work for just about anyone's schedule.

I don't remember reading from anyone that they were unable to get it just right.  Catsmom had a lot of tweaking to do and is very happy with the final results.

Barb

• May 19, 2013 2:24 PM CDT
    • appointments software

I'm not mobile either but as a few said here call and check with them.  I know there is an appointment "time" resoure and a "physical" resource set up..so the time is times available for appoinmtents and the phyical is where the time is available (like cages assigned-maybe this could be your area) ...just jumped over to the Store Vantage help section and looked up mobile grooming..this is what I found

Yes. For businesses that alter their schedule based on towns or neighborhoods we have a feature that allows you to setup a specific schedule for each specific area.

Your clients select their area and they will then see when you are available/working in that specific area.

• The following users say thanks to k9blades for this useful post:
    • May 19, 2013 3:06 PM CDT
    • appointments software

Jorge said:

Thank you everybody 

I just checked Store Vantage, looks good but I'm afraid that the online schedule could be complicated since is not tailor for mobile groomers. How do you control the areas?.

Like this: (copied from the program under settings and online booking)

Change Schedule Based on Customer Profile (optional)

Setup different available hours based on the customer's profile (e.g. You are available only Monday and Tuesday for customers whose profile show that their neighborhood is "East Village"). Tip: Useful if you are a mobile service provider and travel to the customer's home or office. Make sure you create a custom profile field that you can use to manage this - such as "Neighborhood".

Custom FieldOptionsDaysStart TimeEnd Time  + Add

"And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one small creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up?"...
      Charles Dickens

• The following users say thanks to catsmom for this useful post:
    • May 20, 2013 11:49 AM CDT
    • appointments software

Yeah, I use my 123Pet to do all my scheduling, but it doesn't have a 'routing' or 'area' feature. It's *just* me and I just rely on memory and my trusty Google Maps ap on my phone to get my schedule in place. It works for me, but I could see where there would be a LOT of room for error if you have multiple people scheduling for multiple mobile groomers.

When I move next year I am seriously considering going with Store Vantage. Especially since I will be moving out of state to an area I am not really all *that* familiar with. . .

• May 20, 2013 8:21 PM CDT
    • appointments software

Thank you for all the input.

Wizard I totally get you, but I believe that they are new products out there that are really making groomers work much easy, physically and mentally.

It is taking an effort to lear about new products and systems that are out there. I believe that when it comes to scheduling, the industry had grown a lot on the software area so I'm really interested on researching, since I've a big mouth and keep chatting with groomers all over the world ,soon in various blogs, I love to know everybody's experiences. Laughing

BTW, my thoughts are with Oklahoma tonight..

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel