Forums Misc Topics Pet Owners: Ask The Groomer
  • Topic: snap on comb question

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 28, 2013 6:26 AM CDT
    • snap on comb question

That will depend a little bit on the brand of combs.

Most will fit a 10, 15, 30 or 40.

The Wahl Stainless Steel combs can NOT be used with a 40 blade. They will break the teeth on the 40 in seconds.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• May 28, 2013 11:08 AM CDT
    • snap on comb question

Welcome to both of you. If you click up top on Forums, you'll find the list of topics. Please feel free to ask any questions, but do try to put them in the appropriate topic area for the subject matter.

Barb

This post was edited by admin at May 28, 2013 11:08 AM CDT ____________________________________

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• September 18, 2014 1:01 PM CDT
    • snap on comb question

Hey guys I'm back. Its been a while. I got quite a few questions about snap on combs and clipper blades. My first question is do I have to use 1/2 inch snap on comb to do 1/2 inch hair cut or can I just use the # 3 blade. Which is better to use? I'm a new groomer 

• September 18, 2014 1:39 PM CDT
    • snap on comb question

It a personal preference. I use a clipper vac so I tend to always use combs. I can just keep the 15 blade on my clippers and swap out combs.
      Something to know, the lengths are measured going against the lay of the coat. When using with, the length will vary depending on coat type.

Barb

• September 22, 2014 4:59 PM CDT
    • snap on comb question

I think you get less clipper lines when you use a comb because a #10 (or shorter) blade has teeth that are closer together than on a #3 blade. Jodi Murphy also says on her comb attachments DVD that you get less clippers lines with combs. Also, on a thick curly coat, sometimes a #3 blade won't even go through it and you have to use a comb. I agree with Barb that it's just easiest to keep the same blade on your clippers and swap out the combs.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel