Forums General General Groomers Chat Payng It Forward - RAK
  • Topic: Oklahoma

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 16, 2013 8:04 PM CDT
    • Oklahoma

Friday night, Cassie Elkins, Melissa Leytem, Gracie Feece, my sister Chris, her son Jake and I loaded up 2 cars full of people and grooming equipment and headed to Moore Oklahoma.

There we met up with Lori Craig, Melissa ( I didn't catch her name), Janelle Norsworthy and a couple other great groomers and bathers and got 73 dogs and 1 kitten ready for the adoption event next weekend.

It was a long long day, working in a very make shift set up with Rubbermaid totes for tubs, big ones done on the floor over floor drains, but it was so rewarding.

These ladies kicked it, working long and hard, getting drenched in the pouring rain, and made me darn proud to call them friends and fellow groomers.

The volunteers of the American Humane Association were fabulous, making sure we had everything we needed, supplying drinks, food and snacks, but most of all in how they cared for the animals there.  The dogs were calm, clean, and handling it all very well with their help.

I am very tired, and very sore, but feel very good about what we did this weekend. :)

This picture was taken at the end of the day. We all thought it would have been fun to take before and after pictures of US as well as the dogs.  I'm sure it would have been a good comparison!

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• June 17, 2013 3:38 PM CDT
    • Oklahoma

Sorry, I wasn't clear. We thought while we were taking the end of the day picture, that it would have been fun to have a before picture to compare with it. We just hadn't thought of it at the beginning of the day.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• June 17, 2013 10:03 PM CDT
    • Oklahoma

Made me proud that these women would drive all that way to help  YOU ladies are the troopers ...proud to know you And Lori you were wonderful to finally meet ...My heart is still filled with the satisfaction of doing this ..i am sore as hell too .

And one of the dogs that were there his journey is not over .He is getting his very own boy next week

• June 17, 2013 10:20 PM CDT
    • Oklahoma

We are so so thankful for your help getting him here!  Jake is so excited and just counting the days. 

YOU are a trooper and fantastic as well. Your drive may not have been as far, but you put in just as much work, love, and care as any of us.

Barb

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel