Forums General Tool Talk Clipper Vacuum Systems
  • Topic: Which Clipper Vac?? Help Please.

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 7, 2013 9:31 PM CDT
    • Which Clipper Vac?? Help Please.

Hi All,

I am new to the group and grooming too.  I am still in school and the instructor/school owner uses the Clipper Vac and she will be showing me how to use it before I finish school.  

Before I fork out this much money for a vacuum system I would like to see how many different types are out there and which one most people like the best???

I have googled them but am not coming up with much.

• July 7, 2013 9:40 PM CDT

There are not a lot of different brands out there.  Romani has the ClipperVac brand http://www.clippervac.com/

Hanvey has the Taxi Vac http://www.hairvac.com/

Laube has one, and the Scissorman (I think) has an attachment for a shop vac.

I think they are all about the same really.  A few differences that I know of are that the Taxi Vac empties from the bottom, it's mean to hang up, while the ClipperVac empties from the front. The suction adjustment on the CV is at the clipper itself and I think on the vac on the TaxiVac.

I don't know anything about the Laube one.

I have and have only used the ClipperVac Tote. I love love love it and wouldn't want to have to groom without it.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• July 8, 2013 1:38 AM CDT

I really like my TaxiVac. It is easy to empty and I like the dail to adjust the suction. If you learn to groom with it when starting out, will be so much easier than trying to relearn things. I use an iVac clipper because I just couldn't get used to the attachment that goes on the head of the clipper.

Because you can never have too much of a goat thing.

• July 8, 2013 6:33 AM CDT

All units have a way of adjusting the suction.  It's on the clipper end on the CV and on the unit of the TV.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• July 8, 2013 1:14 PM CDT

I've had both the Romani clipper-vac and the Hanvey Taxi-vac.  I greatly prefer the Taxi-vac.  It hangs on the wall, so saves space, and it's super easy to empty--just put a trash can underneath, open up the bottom, and let the hair fall!  It also has a variable speed, so you can turn the suction up or down as needed. Works much better than Romani's system with the hole in the clipper attachment.  The Taxi-vac is very quiet when turned down, which can help a great deal with puppies or skittish dogs. 

Both Romani and Hanvey have excellent customer service, but I prefer Hanvey's products by leaps and bounds.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel