Forums General Breed Styles Corded Breeds
  • Topic: Drew - Standard Poodle

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 16, 2013 6:25 PM CDT
    • Drew - Standard Poodle

I decided to do some cording on Drew too. His coat is very thick, so I chose not to do his whole body. It would take ages to get it to matt, let alone cord. I can go weeks without touching him and not have any matting through the body.

I've done his head, a mane down his shoulder area and his tail.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• July 16, 2013 6:25 PM CDT
    • Drew - Standard Poodle

Let's try again.

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• July 16, 2013 8:14 PM CDT
    • Drew - Standard Poodle

He has an amazing coat.

Barb

• July 17, 2013 10:32 PM CDT
    • Drew - Standard Poodle

Embrace the matts and go with cords. ;)

I have found the tail to take quite a bit longer to cord on Addie and it seems on Drew too. He has good separation, but not a lot of cording there. 

Barb

• February 18, 2014 5:31 PM CST
    • Drew - Standard Poodle

I cut the cords from Drew's neck and shoulder area. I was going for a mane, but it just didn't balance well.  I like it much better like this.

Barb

• February 18, 2014 9:26 PM CST
    • Drew - Standard Poodle

He never liked his tail done, so I tended to avoid it. Then as it started to get longer, I really liked it, so I just quit trimming it. :)

Barb

• June 23, 2014 9:57 PM CDT
    • Drew - Standard Poodle

I'll try to get some more current pictures up of him. His cords look great now!

Barb

• February 2, 2015 9:39 PM CST
    • Drew - Standard Poodle

Thanks! I took the cords off last month. He has a fabulous coat and I love running my hands through it.  I'll be growing him back out to a banded topknot and continental. :)

Barb

• February 3, 2015 7:15 AM CST
    • Drew - Standard Poodle

Hi Barb,

That is a great haircut, too, and with his colour I think he will look striking.

I have to keep looking through the archives as I love seeing what everyone does with their dogs. There is so much creativity and skill involved.

Best wishes,

Lisa

• February 3, 2015 7:23 AM CST
    • Drew - Standard Poodle

I just love him in long coat

• February 3, 2015 8:19 AM CST
    • Drew - Standard Poodle

He has an amazing coat. The only time I brush him is when I groom him, every 4-6 weeks. He just doesn't matt easily at all.

In general though the cords are so much easier. Once they are formed and set, there is very little maintenance.

Barb

• February 3, 2015 8:19 AM CST
    • Drew - Standard Poodle

He has an amazing coat. The only time I brush him is when I groom him, every 4-6 weeks. He just doesn't matt easily at all.

In general though the cords are so much easier. Once they are formed and set, there is very little maintenance.

Barb

• May 19, 2015 9:03 PM CDT
    • Drew - Standard Poodle

He's a good looking boy either way. I have two standard greys and one standard white. Right now, they are merely passable, pretty much nicely rough cut. Something had to give after I got a concussion, so the two grays are shave downs, one with poodle head and tail, one cut in a soft coated terrier head neither with a scissoro to their feet to neaten or even poodle feet. The white might stilll get special treatment. I haven't shaved down her legs and she brushes out easily. I love giving her leg poms and dying her topknot, ears, tail and leg poms hot pink. She's so stinkin cute that way. It highlights her cute, exagerated, playing leg movments. I even shaved all my cocker except his domed topknot. His head is just too flat to shave down. Luckily, as long as I tell them how beautiful or handsome they are, they don't care what they look like. Looking up... they need it again, at least on their faces and sanitary areas. When I get back to working even close to full time, I'm getting the Oops-you-can't-work insurance. There is very little help otherwise. Have to be able to work for unemployment and food stamps don't even come close to feeding you. Ha-Ha I'm looking at dandelions in a whole new way now

• May 19, 2015 9:33 PM CDT
    • Drew - Standard Poodle

Oh no! I hope you are making a full recovery?

I'm finally getting to the 'its just hair' stage on my dogs. :)  I LOVE a lot of hair and usually keep Drew out long, but I'm alright with taking him short now and then. He grows coat super fast so I don't have to wait long for it to grow out. Sebastian I tend to keep on the shorter side too. Addy has been corded for years now so there's little maintenance to them.

Barb

• May 19, 2015 11:16 PM CDT
    • Drew - Standard Poodle

I'm getting better. I'm told I'll recover entirely, just wish it wouldn't take so long. It's been since mid January. I have really enjoyed going through this site. Varied and wonderfully organized.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel