Forums General Business Issues Profitability
  • Topic: By the hour pricing

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 14, 2017 3:15 PM CST
    • By the hour pricing

Well said, Barb.  That's the approach I've taken, and my only complications are larger dogs, IE STANDARD POODLES that i'm gradually increasing more than others to be equal.

New dogs are easy, because I'll quote the hourly rate.

My only complications are the new St Poos, or larger doodles, or larger porties...because the hourly price is more than they have been paying elsewhere. But, I try to keep in mind that if it takes me the same time as 2 shih tzus, then they should pay 2x the price & it's ok if I'm not the right fit for everyone & smaller dogs will eventually fill those slots.

• February 15, 2017 1:28 PM CST
    • By the hour pricing

You also have to consider that your pricing needs to be fair for everyone. If you are charging a small dog at $45 an hour, but a large one at $30, it's not fair for the owner or the groomer. The large dog is taking more product, more water, more shampoo and really should almost be more per hour than the small dog just for those reasons.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel