Forums General Business Issues Insurance, Permits, Licenses
  • Topic: independant contractors insurance

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 8, 2013 9:38 AM CST
    • independant contractors insurance

can anyone tell me roughly what it would cost for a groomer to buy liabilty insurance just to protect themselves from a dog injury lawsuit. and possibly thier equipment but no building insurance.

• November 8, 2013 12:12 PM CST

It would be impossible for any one to even give you a rough idea. There are a ton of variables used to price insurance, even just liability. The best way to figure it out is just call Governor's insurance for a free quote. That's who I have gone through and they are fabulous at knowing what groomers need.

• November 9, 2013 7:15 AM CST

In truth, it would be business insurance, not IC insurance. An IC is a person, self employed, that contracts themselves out for temporary work.

While Meg is right, it would be different for everyone, my business insurance is about $500 a year. I have an in home shop. It would cover equipment and such, but not my household.

I have mine through Governor's as well. They set me right up. I don't remember the specifics of my covereage, but it does cover injuries and general liability.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• November 9, 2013 6:02 PM CST

Both of my partners at the shop have theirs through Governors and it runs around $500 as well. It also covers them if they are transporting pets, pet walking, sitting, or grooming mobile.

Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy. Albert Einstein

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel