Forums General Business Issues Advertising and Marketing
  • Topic: I love Facebook Promotions!

Back To Topics
    (3 rates)
    • December 4, 2013 7:45 PM CST
    • I love Facebook Promotions!

There are a few different ways to advertise on Facebook.

The most effective I have found, for a groomer is promoting posts. You can choose your target audience down to naming specific areas and only those people in those areas that have expressed an interest in certain key words that you specify in your advertising parameters. You even set your budget.

The way I have been using this is when I have a cancellation I need to fill, I will set a budget of $10 and promote a post about the available appointment. 9 times out of 10 I am getting that appointment filled. Now, I know I am spending $10 to fill that spot, but I would rather have my regular charge - $10 over $0. A neat feature is that once the appointment has been filled I can cancel the promotion and not be charged further from that point on.

Just thought I'd share. :-)

• December 5, 2013 6:53 AM CST

I can definitely see the advantage of spending $10 to fill that spot.

Does FB only show the posts to those that like your page or anyone is those target areas?  Have you picked up any new clients from it?

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• December 5, 2013 6:12 PM CST

How many people see it depends on your budget. The more you spend, the more people FB shows it to. When you are choosing your parameters, the more areas you choose and the more key words you choose will add more people. My total potential reach with this last ad was 6,000 people, but I did not want to pay $40 to do so. :-) I have over 800 fans. When I spend $10, my ad reached 2,796 total people, those who are fans of my page as well as others that live in the areas I chose. It got me 8 new likes for my page, and got me a potential new client. She liked my page then tagged her friend, who I don't even know, asking if he had heard anything about me. He said I was good, as he knew I groomed his friend's dog Dixie. :-) The last promotion I did, about an hour after I placed it I had a lady call me to ask what "The Wizard of Paws" was. I can only assume my ad popped up in her feed and rather than take the time to click the link to my page, she just called me? Also off that last promotion I got a new client to fill the spot I advertised for. A cute little Yorkie. :-) But in any case, it does a good job of getting my shop's name out there.

• December 5, 2013 9:25 PM CST

Wow! That's a good return for $10.  I really didn't think too many people paid attention to the sponsored posts. I guess they do!

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• December 6, 2013 10:01 AM CST

I do go look at sponsored spots especially if something interests me. I don't always "like" the sponsors page.

Because you can never have too much of a goat thing.

• February 7, 2014 6:56 PM CST

I've used that promotion too but haven't had the quick response you have had.  When you put your parameters in..are you doing your zip code? then keywords like dog, grooming?  What's your ad like? Can you give me more details on how you are setting it up?  I've done pay per click and pay per impression..usually for 3 days $5 a day..the CPI gets put out to about 6000 FB people.  I get likes but I want calls..

• February 7, 2014 8:26 PM CST

I don't do my zip. I am in a rural area and put the little towns I pull business from, all with in about a 20 mile radius, I suppose. If you are in a bigger city, then I guess you could just put your city. Then for the key words I will do breeds of the most common dogs in the area (poodle, shih-tzu, yorkie, pomeranian), and words I think dog owners would like--such as dog food, pedigree, beneful, pet, puppy, dog. I've never done ppc. I just tell FB how much money I am going to give them, and they tell me a range of how many people that money will reach. You can spend as much or as little as you like. My last boosted post reached 5,085 people and I spent $15 on it. A client had to reschedule and I was trying to fill her two spots. Mission was accomplished so I got my $90 appointment time and only spent $15. You can go to my FB page: www.facebook.com/thewizardofpaws and see how I have my newest ad set up. I list my available appointment times and just wait. You can see the responses for yourself. I just boosted it tonight around 6:00 and have had 749 people see it so far. :-)

• February 8, 2014 10:42 AM CST

So this newest FB ad has gone really well. This is what I listed as a post on my page:

"I have the following dates/times left for February:

Friday 14th @ 11:00 and 4:00 (salon)
      Tues 18th @ 8:00, 10:00, and 1:00 (salon)
      Wed 19th @ 1:00 (Bennettsville mobile)
      Fri 21st @ 2:00 and 4:00 (salon)
      Tues 25th @ 8:00 (salon)
      Wed 26th @ 3:15 (Bennettsville mobile)
      Thurs 27th @ 3:30 (Cheraw mobile) and
      Fri 28th @ 1:00 (salon)

That's it for the entire month, folks! Give me a call at 843-479-2210, comment here, or PM me to book your appointment!"

I elected to promote it for a budget of $15, and began the promotion sometime around dinner time yesterday. So far this post has been seen by 2,301 people and has $6.62 left in it's budget. So far I have filled 4 of the listed appointments, for a total appointment revenue of $221. One of the 4 appointments booked was filled by a new client. I would call that a win and well worth the advertising money spent! :-)

• February 9, 2014 12:52 AM CST

That's definitely advertising money well spent!

I also think this is a 5 star topic. :)

If you look at the top of the topic here, the newest update added a rating system. I meant to do 5 stars, but after clicking on the second star first, it wouldn't let add more.  :)

Barb

• February 9, 2014 9:48 AM CST

I've got a Facebook page I use to promote the Groomers Lounge.  There are no discussions on it. I need to the traffic and activity to be here, not there. :)

Barb

• October 31, 2014 9:04 AM CDT

I am not doing something right on FB, not getting the message across or something.
      I am only getting calls from large hairy flea infested dogs that are ill behaved and have not been groomed either EVER or for a long time.

Do I need to get more specific with what types of dogs I do?  I don't do the afore mentioned dogs...

and I like to work for retired people, I dont' think I am reaching them on FB...

• November 11, 2014 7:59 AM CST

I guess it depends largely on how many of your clients use Facebook and how successfully you have promoted your business page to your clients. When I first joined FB I searched a bunch of my favorite clients and friend requested them. Then over the years because of FB's "people you may know" feature other clients have found me. Once they are my 'friends' I then constantly invite them to like my page. Once they like my page, it's pays off to post and advertise on it, as you can see by my results. ;-) The key is getting as many of your clients as possible to be aware of and check out your page on a regular basis. I have my page's FB address on all my print marketing materials as well to help boost awareness.

I don't think you will be very successful in using it to market to retired people, however. The largest age demographic of my fans is ages 20-50, with the peak of the curve being mid 30's to early 40's, then falling off steeply at either end. I think that would pretty much parallel FB users as a whole. A better way to market to that age demographic would probably be mailing inserts with a coupon, a print ad on a local breakfast place's placemats or menu, USPS targeted mailings, a pin up ad on a retirement communities bulletin board, walking a beautiful freshly groomed dog around where many retirees live, etc.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel