Forums General Tool Talk Bathing Equipment and Systems
  • Topic: Recirculating Bathing system

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 11, 2014 8:12 PM CDT
    • Recirculating Bathing system

What Kim said. You can also get cholorine granules like they use in swimming pools and sprinkle a little in some water and run that through. I also take mine apart every so often and scrub the bottom of it, up under the screen. It gets all the built up gunk out.

• April 9, 2016 10:32 AM CDT

I'm wondering if anyone has compared the Hydrosurge to the Bathing Beauty (or any other commercially available recirculating system>)  My Hydrosurge just broke.  I've had it 17 years and I have absolutely loved it, I can't imagine doing double coated breeds without it.  The company was bought by Oster awhile back but they still make the Power Bather (along with something else which I don't like, Pro Bather or something like that.)  I think it's the control box which has died and I have a few options.  I can send that back to Hydrosurge and they will replace with a refurbished unit for $179, or a new unit for around $250, or I can buy a new unit.  From them it's about $700, but I've seen a lower price through their authorized distributors ($529) and then there is the Hanvey Bathing Beauty for around $500 I think also.  There may be other brands out there as well.  I don't feel comfortable making my own and I checked with my plumber and he'll make one for about $400.  If I decide to go new, I think I'd rather spend an extra $100 or so and have warranty and company support.  On that note, I dropped my pump a few years ago and broke the plate on the bottom.  Hydrosurge dug around their old inventory of used product and found a plate which was the same size as mine and sent it to me at N/C so the one time I needed their service in the past, it was great.  

Thanks in advance, need to replace asap - it's spring and I've got mudpuppies!

• April 9, 2016 7:19 PM CDT

I've known a lot of groomers that use the Bathing Beauty. I also know a lot that have made their own, but if you're not comfortable with that, I totally understand.

Will the refurbished model have a full warranty? Often times they do. If tha'ts the case, I'd probably go that route.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• April 10, 2016 12:16 AM CDT

The refurbished unit has a 90 day warranty.  But...it turns out the Hydrosurge isn't the problem.  My husband went out and took a look when he got back in town, said the breaker got flipped but for some reason, it won't flip back.  The room is outfitted with many 30 amp circuits so we just moved to a different outlet and it's working.  Will have to get the electrician to come out and look at the panel.  Thanks for the response.  

• April 10, 2016 10:09 AM CDT

Great news on the Hydrosurge! Not so great on the breaker, but at least it won't be a problem for grooming.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel