Forums General Tool Talk
  • Topic: Andis blending/blocking blades

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 6, 2014 11:11 PM CDT
    • Andis blending/blocking blades

I just recently got a couple in a bunch of blades and clippers I bought from someone. I've never used them before and haven't remembered to try them. I think they are used for skimming rather than for clipping. I do know they are SHARP! My guess is they would be good to take off a large amount of coat off of a big dog before scissoring.

I've never felt like I was missing something by not having them the past 25+ years. 

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• August 11, 2014 4:50 PM CDT
    • Andis blending/blocking blades

My kids show cattle in 4-H, those are the blades we use for cattle. They are VERY sharp, the blocking blade will take you very short. I would be very cautious using them on the furkids. I did use the blending blade once to get under a coat that was matted to the entire body, he was a rescue that I shaved down for a friend, it was impossible for me to get the coat off any other way. The coat coming off was like a cast!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel