Forums General Tool Talk Misc Furnishings and Equipments
  • Topic: grooming tables that are NOT traditional

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 15, 2014 7:01 PM CDT
    • grooming tables that are NOT traditional

I have a nice tool bench that I groom on, the other groomer uses a "real" grooming table.  my bench is getting really worn looking, I am tired of it.  have painted it, etc, but just tired of it.

i would like to get matching tables for the salon, but something that looks like furniture, with draws maybe, but need room to sit in front of.  Anyone have non traditional furniture and pics of how you use it for a grooming table?

• October 15, 2014 11:13 PM CDT

I've seen quite a few different things used.
      A desk or dressing table comes to mind from your description if what you need.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• The following users say thanks to admin for this useful post:
    • October 30, 2014 5:29 PM CDT

Harbor Freight has hydraulic table carts that I know some groomers have used for grooming tables. And they come in different sizes for as cheap as $159. You can find them on the Harbor Freight web site.

• October 31, 2014 8:33 AM CDT

thanks, and the yoga mat is also a great idea!  I was looking at some credenze type tables at meijers, they had a marble top, which would be solid for cleaning up urine or water UNDER the mat, and also would be good for holding that grooming arm steady and solid.

• November 1, 2014 5:52 PM CDT

I've had a hydraulic "motorcycle lift" table from harbor freight for maybe 7 yrs? Built a box for 2/plastic storage drawer units attached to the top. Everything is at my fingertips!
    • November 1, 2014 6:15 PM CDT

I have one too. I never thought about putting drawers under it. There's plenty of room. What a great idea! Thank you.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• January 12, 2015 2:40 PM CST

What a great way to start the new year! Your bathing area looks so clean & NICE.  Great decision on the tables:  organized & neat.  I did chuckle at "your girl" cause one of my st poos has a new "nightie", also made from sweatshirt!  She is sleeping so much better (and so am I)! 

• The following users say thanks to tuckie for this useful post:
    • January 12, 2015 2:47 PM CST

It looks great!

• The following users say thanks to admin for this useful post:
    • January 12, 2015 6:51 PM CST

thank you all, I couldnt' wait to share with you!  

Chilly has the sweatshirt because I just can't find something that is easily washed, doesn't snag and fits her big chest and not so big middle!  she has a t shirt for warmer days!  the little dogs have sweatshirt arms made into jammies for them!  one shirt does Chilly the boxer, and my 2 toy poodles use the arms so one shirt, 3 sets of jammies,, ha ha

• January 12, 2015 9:43 PM CST

Haha, i've made the sweatshirt arm jackets, too, and ICER the holidays cut up a large goodwill sweater for my sooo, looks great. But those sweatshirt arm jackets are the most simple & clever!
    • The following users say thanks to tuckie for this useful post:

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel