Forums General Tool Talk
  • Topic: groomers arm dryer attachment

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 4, 2014 12:58 PM CST
    • groomers arm dryer attachment

I have one that is meant for a human hair dryer. It's on a stand so the force behind the hv knocks it over. I think the goose neck part would be strong enough if it could be clamped to the table.
      If you'd like to try modifying it I'd be happy to send it to you.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• December 4, 2014 2:35 PM CST

Ohhhh, I want help with this issue!!!!!. Currently have 3 versions, none perfect: stand version sits on table for hand drier (don't like it sitting on table), cheapo groomers 3rd arm the clamp is too strong to mess with easily, and top of the line chris christensen (for hv or hand dryer) but I just can't get used to having another "arm" attached to my table. I really need to figure this out cause I want an option to be drying the head/ears on opposite side of my stand dryer. Am gonna try attaching it to wall near table where I can just bend it out of the way when done. The chris christensen is definitely superior.  Happy to send you the groomers 3rd arm. Oh, and I've even tried bungeeing hand drier to my stand drier...and investigated the aeolus wall/ceiling mount...incredibly hard to justify $280+intl shipping!!!!!

• December 4, 2014 5:01 PM CST

thank you so much, I found this one as I was looking for a new HV dryer, this is $35.  I thought it would be good while I clip nails, clean ears, etc.  My table is rather long, so I dont' think it'd be in the way if I did it at the end away from my grooming loop arm.

EZ Grooming Arm
      The Best Grooming "third arm" on the market. No more hard-to-squeeze clamps. 
      • Mounts to tabletops up to1-1/2 inches thick.
      • 20-inch arm is fully adjustable and remains in place.
      • Clamp rotates up to 90 degrees for maximum flexibility in drying.
      • Holds both concentrator and flat nozzle designs
      • Black electro-coating
      dog hair dryer grooming third armdog blow dryer third arm
    • December 4, 2014 9:47 PM CST

I can't figure out the clamp on the hose.  But...if it is easy on/easy off, it is a good value.  Plus, black looks more professional than aluminum.  I am determned to figure out how to make these work for me!

• December 5, 2014 6:43 PM CST

Barb. I would like to try to renovate your one you don't want if you don't mind boxing it up. I am pretty handy with various clamps and zip ties and I have an extra grooming arm I could put on the other side of my table to perhaps hold it.

I have a couple of ideas to try,,

I think I could make it work,,,

I will message you my address. no hurry, I know Xmas is a busy time!  thanks, 

• December 8, 2014 2:00 PM CST

I have a CC Groomers third hand, I don't use it often but have used it with the Force dryer, just take off the spade attachment to cut down on air force a little and it works pretty good ( just a bit noisy in my smaller shop).  

• December 8, 2014 2:05 PM CST

I have a stand dryer which is nice, but it is on the other side of the room, it is used on one crate we sometimes put dogs in with long hair, it makes them straight and we dont' use it often. I used to enjoy having it near the table but when the other groomer started, we ran out of room  Am hoping the modified arm from Barb will help !!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel