Forums General Breed Styles Non Traditional Trims
  • Topic: Poodle

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 16, 2015 1:00 PM CST
    • Poodle

I did the cutest poodle today. I wish I had taken a before picture of her. The owners had been doing her. She had choppy, matted ears, matted feet, nails way too long. They  had scissored a bit over the top of her nose and had chopped quite a bit off of her body and parts of her legs. My instructions were "Do what ever you can"

We discussed that she'd be short all over. I really thought she would be short. Once I got her clean and used the HV to blow some of the matts away from the skin, I could see that it wasn't near as bad as I had thought.

I shaved the big matt from the back side of one ear, and evened up what they had cut off. They still looked sparse and ratty, so took them real short. Then I saw it! I saw what she could look like!

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• February 16, 2015 1:04 PM CST
    • Poodle

This NOT her, but it's very close to what she looked like when they brought her in.

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• February 16, 2015 6:24 PM CST
    • Poodle

she doesn't even look real,, is it hard for you to shave those ears?  My hands shake everytime someone wants the ears short, or they are matted and I have to make them short, I have NEVER made ears that short, I am too afraid it will look bad,

in Grooming School, they told us that was a number one complaint, people like long ears,,, but that is SOOO cute

• February 16, 2015 8:46 PM CST
    • Poodle

What I have found is that people like long ears, until they see them short. :)

I do it whenever I can get away with it.  I have lots of shih tzus with short ears, a few poodles, some yorkie mixes. I also like taking off the whole ear on yorkies that are getting a rounded westie type head. Usually their ears are too big for a cute true westie look but look adorable with the whole ear off.

I can't remember any owner that ever requested we grow the ears back out.

Barb

• The following users say thanks to admin for this useful post:
    • March 10, 2015 7:25 AM CDT
    • Poodle

My guess is full poodle with just a bad ear set. They only fully stood once the weight of the hair was off and when she was interested in something. My toy poodle's ears will sometimes stand if she is super alert. I know without a doubt that she is full poodle.

Barb

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel