Forums General Breed Styles Non Traditional Trims
  • Topic: Experimenting with the Asian style

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 2, 2015 3:21 PM CDT
    • Experimenting with the Asian style

I've been playing a bit with putting Lola in an Asian style. It's still a work in progress.  I've been shaving her ears so they are at an odd in between stage right now. She is very difficult to photograph.  Her dark head make it hard to get a good head shot. She will not stay stacked, so I have several views of her.  I think she's super cute in it with her slim build and long legs.  Chasing squirrels out in the yard and the cats inside, she is super cute in this style.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• April 2, 2015 3:22 PM CDT

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• April 2, 2015 3:23 PM CDT

• April 2, 2015 3:23 PM CDT

• April 2, 2015 3:24 PM CDT

These last two were taken from far away in the yard and cropped, so they aren't as clear as I'd like them.

• April 2, 2015 5:05 PM CDT

She's really cute running around. She's about 90 miles an hour right now going back and forth between tapping my legs and running to the door. The squirrels are very active outside right now. She really wants one for dinner.

Barb

• April 2, 2015 6:28 PM CDT

LOVE the style, and you got some super cute photos.  Flirt is in a similar style, and we like it a lot.  I started out with a pom on her tail, now it is scissored wider at the base and narrower at the tip; sort of terrier-esq.  I think it suits the style well, but man it nearly killed me to take that pom off! 

Great work!  Daryl

• April 2, 2015 6:32 PM CDT

I wasn't sure just what to do with her tail. The terrier type sounds cute. I'll have to try it.

Barb

• April 2, 2015 7:18 PM CDT

I hate Asian, but even I will admit it looks really cute on her. And at least it's actually Asian. You didn't ask for a critique, buuuutttt I would maybe take the cheeks tighter next time to really make her muzzle pop
    • April 2, 2015 7:37 PM CDT

Critiques are ok :)

Last time I did her cheeks tighter and she ended up looking like a poodle with a sweetheart mustache. This time they are short, but rounded in as part of the head piece. They probably aren't much more than a 7 blade.

I wonder if I moved the mustache forward if that would help?

Her spots REALLY stand out with her body done that short! I don't think I ever realized how perfectly round the one on her side is.

Barb

• April 10, 2015 10:26 AM CDT

She is adorable and I think the cut really suits her. Just a pet-owner's opinion, but if hse were my dog, I would be thrilled to have her come home looking like that. It seems fairly easy-clean, too.

• April 10, 2015 10:45 AM CDT

Thanks. :)
      It really does suit her.

Barb

• January 9, 2016 6:55 PM CST

Thanks! She's really built perfectly for it. A friend competed with her in Chicago in August and did her in a German, so she's growing back out for this again now.

Barb

• The following users say thanks to admin for this useful post:
    • February 2, 2016 10:45 AM CST

please dont' cut her tail it is perfect. I LOVE this,, my people cannot keep anything brushed so the legs have to go, I get no opportunity to try the asian, congrats , it is SO cute!

• February 3, 2016 5:52 PM CST

Thanks Chilly!

All the easily tangled parts of the legs are gone. It's short at the shoulder down just past the elbow and armpits. The back end is short to, the flair beginning just above the hock. 

I don't brush my dogs. I just don't..... She sometimes has some tangling, but nothing a bit of a leave on detangler and the HV won't take care of. :)

Barb

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel