Forums Site Information Support
  • Topic: Quotin others?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 19, 2015 8:45 PM CDT
    • Quotin others?

I noticed these nice, neat quotes that show up in their own little boxes with the quoter's response outside the box. How do you do that? I select quote, and it takes the message into a post, I edit to just what I am responding to, then respond, but it all ends up together, like my response is part of the quote. I love this site, and I do. This is even better than working along side other groomers. But I am beginning to feel old and seriously out of touch. OK, I am old and seriously out of touch. Just before, I felt I was only a little out of touch with technology...

• May 19, 2015 9:27 PM CDT
    • Quotin others?

It took me a bit to get the quote part down too. If I edit the original message, leaving only the part I am actually replying about, I would have that problem. Then I saw the quote marks " up top in the tool bar just above what I am typing in right now. If you click on that, after you edit the original message, it will move your curser down and over. Then it will be apart from the quoted section.

It's SO easy to feel out of touch in this industry. Most of us work alone or with just one or two others. It doesn't give us a lot of people to toss ideas around with and to share things.  I found this website about 18 years ago. It was my life line. When Joyce, the original creator, became ill and asked me to take it over before she died, I was so honored.  We have gone through a bit of a slump the last year or so and participation was low. It's still not back to what it was 5 years ago, but I am SO happy that it's picking up again. It's feeling like home again. :)

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• May 19, 2015 11:26 PM CDT
    • Quotin others?

I'll remember the quotes, probably, thanks. I keep thinking, ooo what's a happy hoodie? Picturing dogs in sweatshirts w/hoodies. Found them, not sure what they'd be used for, except to protect the ears and hold them away when clipping the throat and chest. Well, and to tuck absorbers in.  Absorbers.....Oh yeah, gonna get those...and see if I still have my scrunchies. That groomer's aide and halti-lead use looks great too. Hmm, the groomers aide looks cumbersome to tote around, maybe not that.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel