Forums General Business Issues Grooming Software
  • Topic: All in One Simple Grooming Software

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 2, 2015 5:45 PM CDT
    • All in One Simple Grooming Software

Hey there everyone! I'm new to the Groomers Lounge and so far I've got to say, it's a God Send. The Facebook Groups for grooming are full of nothing but ridicule, drama, rudeness, with a completely lack of respect to anyone. Sorry about that, anyway I really need some advice on software. I use Square for payment processing, a calendar/datebook for appointments, and file cards for client/pet info. I would love to have a software program that can basically roll all that into one. I mean, sure I will still have my file cards just for backup client basic info but I really need to simplify. I don't want/need online booking but it would be nice if client's can get online and fill out all the info on themselves and their pets and then all I wold have to do is call and set them up an appointment. I need it to also send SMS and/or email confirmation/reminder for appointments, process all types of payments, have a simple appointment book (of course), detailed/customizable client/pet information with photo capability, help me set up next appointments (such as every 4 or 6 weeks), monthly subscription as I don't have a lot to put a huge chunk down up front, secure back up, multiple reports, and be able to access it from anywhere. I think that's everything. I looked at a few but unfortunately there were large start up fees, monthly payments which were great but then there were other fees on top of those fees on top of more fees for every part of the software. I know that no matter which software you use there is a separate fee for credit card processing on top of the monthly fees but I'm talking like it was $85 a month, then a set-up fee, the credit card processing fees, then they also took a percentage fee from what the client pays you to groom their pet if they submit info online wanting an appointment. It seemed to me you were paying $85 a month for nothing and they charged you percentages 2-3 times per client who set up an appointment. So I was wondering what you guys use and how it works out for you, I know about 123PET but I didn't find it very easy to use. Maybe because I was using the free app??? Please Help! Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide :)
    • June 4, 2015 7:00 AM CDT

123 Pet seems to be the one I see used most often.  While I've not used it, I would guess that a free version probably would not have near the bells and whistles that a full version includes.

Store Vantage is an online booking and record keeping program. I don't know if it does any kind of payment processing or tracking.  It's cloud based so can be accessed anywhere.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• April 18, 2018 9:40 AM CDT

Have you checked out Pawfinity? It literally has everything you mentioned and so much more. I've used it for my business for years now and I couldn't imagine my business without it. It's a flat fee, they only chage you extra for SMS (and CC processing of course), but you don't have to pay any extra for users, appointments, clients, etc. They also have online booking as well.

It makes running my business a lot easier than before! They do have a 30 day free trial so you can try them without paying anything (https://www.pawfinity.com ). Also, there is no start up fee and they can generally import your information for free if you have any sort of spreadsheet or program tracking your client and pet info. They are always adding new features and staying on top of security, so I wholely trust my business info to them (which says a lot, because that's my entire livelihood, you know what I mean??)

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel