Forums General Breed Styles
  • Topic: need some help

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 25, 2015 12:39 PM CST
    • need some help

I don't know where to post this
      I have a 2 year old female / spayed golden doodle with fear / anxiety/ reactive / behavior. I've only had her for 5 months. She has a lot of problems.
      My mother who is elderly ( 90 ) called me today and needs more help. I will need to go and help her. So I am trying to find a safe home for my girl. Do any of you know anyone that can provide a safe home? I'm in northern Va. area / or even Maryland thanks Anne
    • November 26, 2015 11:47 AM CST
    • need some help

You might check with a Poodle or Doodle specific rescue.  Breed specific rescues often tend to have more availability for special needs pets over rescues that take in every dog that comes their way.  In my area anyway, we have a lot of groups that go so far as prowling FB practically begging for every dog someone needs to rehome.  They are placed into inexperienced foster homes and rarely receive any kind of additional training. They also do little to no screening of adoptive homes.

A donation to their organization may also help find placement for her.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel