Forums General Customer Relations Dissatisfied Customers
  • Topic: Horrible Yelp Review~ Help please

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 13, 2016 10:44 PM CST
    • Horrible Yelp Review~ Help please

Anyone out here know how to respond to a negative yelp review without sounding defensive, but stating the facts? The woman who left this review kind of had a melt down and took it out on us. Her partner even apologized during the event by telling us (behind her partners back) that she was just having a really bad day. They took the dogs without being finished, paid full price and even tipped. (The partner who wasn't have the melt down that is). The woman who wrote the review lied about everything and is very dramatic. She states she is going to go after my business. Mind you, I do not feel threatened that way, as we've done nothing wrong, but the yelp review sitting out there is eating me up... She even took a photo of her dogs in the kennel with a spray bottle of cleaner NEXT to the kennel and a bottle of Bon Ami, claiming that she was horrified that our place was a mess and her dogs were right next to open bottles of chemicals. Le Sigh. Words of wisdom are appreciated and I know you guys will understand what this feels like. Thanks! 

I can give you a link to the review if you'd like.

Also, I tried to copy and paste here but wasn't able to and so I had to retype this whole thing. What am I missing?

• January 13, 2016 10:48 PM CST

Try Control C to copy then click on the message spot and do Control V.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• January 14, 2016 6:38 AM CST

I just changed my profile picture and didn't get any errors. I wonder if the server was in the middle of a back up or if maybe the file was too large?

Bad reviews are really frustrating, especially when you know you did nothing wrong.  I recently had to deal with an unhappy client. She did not, to my knowledge, post on any review sites, but she did leave me a long angry voice mail.  It was frustrating because her complaints were all about things we had discussed prior to and after the grooming.  Well, all except price. She never once asked for a price quote. Then when I told her at pick up, she was all flustered because it was way more than she has ever paid before.  My prices are right in line with the other quality salons here. She was not charged any crazy additional charges.  In the end, after her complaints, she stated that she thought she should get at least half of her money back. That was the reason for the sudden complaints. It really had nothing to do with her being unhappy with the work.

I would like to have the link please. Maybe I can help with a response?

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• January 14, 2016 2:21 PM CST

That was it Barb, the file was too large, but the system didn't say that, just a technical problem and an error code. Thank you.

After posing my question on a groomers facebook group and after the advice I've received, I've decided it would be best to not respond. But for the info... here is the link. 

http://www.yelp.com/biz/happy-tails-pet-center-milwaukie-2

My business has had some bad reviews recently and we are working on it. My employee who is there all of the time is the one whom most assume is the owner and is not me. I recently put up information stating that I am the owner to clear up any confusion. Also, my employee is very aware and I'm hoping by these reviews will be able to change how she responds to people. (She is disturbed by the bad reviews as well). And then there are also just people who are unreasonable, like the one who's dog pee'd on the floor.

Thanks for taking the time to respond Barb.

I remember back in the day when I was on here all of the time and so many others were as well. It seemed to be a meca of groomers and bustling with fun, supportive energy. I imagine that facebook is one of the main reasons that this site has slowed down. Makes me a little melancholy. I will try to make an effort to visit here more often.

• January 14, 2016 5:34 PM CST

I agree with not responding with this one. It was much more about opinion and you can't argue about how someone feels about a situation. I work at a shop part time and they do respond to any bad reviews they receive. Most of them are pretty specific - the doodle that had to be shaved, even though they were told and shown the matting.  Someone who was upset because they just dropped in to pick up instead of waiting on a call. They were told the dog would be ready around lunch time but they would be called when the dog was done, so they came at noon.   In those cases, it is easy to explain the complaint and what had been done in regards to it.

Knock on wood, every time I've checked, there have never been any yelp reviews of my shop. I prefer it that way. :)  It's too easy for people to come on and put ridiculous reviews.

I do think Facebook is a big reason for the slow down here. To be honest, it makes me really sad.......So far I've been able to keep it afloat. There are still just enough advertisers to pay to keep it going. :)

Barb

• January 14, 2016 9:20 PM CST

Hi from Oregon Dobergirl...I looked at those reviews & the negative ones come off very unprofessionally & it was easy for me to dismiss them.  I agree with Barb & hard as it is to not defend yourself, take the high road & let it go by ot responding.  Best wishes, deb

• January 16, 2016 9:26 AM CST

well maybe it is just me, or maybe it is yelp but I found the entire thing confusing.  some of the people were from Oregon, some from Ca., and the one you spoke of with the picture was from arizona.  so I am just a person (think potential client) looking around at reviews and don't know exactly which establishment is getting good reviews and which is getting bad.

I did not see a problem with the chemicals, as she said it, so most people looking would disreguard that comment I believe.  

I am very thinned skinned, I would likely write a response saying something to the effect that;

we were very pleased to do your pets, and due to you telling us of their social anxiety we did keep them together and monitored them very closely during their visit, as we do with all of our precious clients.

We felt like your dogs enjoyed their visit and when you left you seemed happy with their demeanor and the quality of the grooming.  

that would be it.

• The following users say thanks to Chilly for this useful post:
    • The following users say thanks to Dobergirl for this useful post:

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel