Forums General Product Discussions/Comparisons Misc Products
  • Topic: Urine staining product ?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 25, 2016 8:22 AM CST
    • Urine staining product ?

Myself and a friend keep our little girls in long coats. When little girls squat to urinate of course all the leg and feet hair get wet in the puddles they make.
      Is there a product out that can be used to spray these areas of hair so they don't stain as much from urine?
    • January 25, 2016 6:35 PM CST

A leave on spray conditioner may help? It could possibly leave enough residue to do a little protecting.

You might also consider scissoring the feet fairly tight, leaving the longer leg hair to cover them and give the look of a fuller foot.  In most cases, it is hard to get that show dog long dragging coat to work well on a pet dog. Most of the show dog coats are wrapped to protect them from breakage and staining from dragging on the ground.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• The following users say thanks to admin for this useful post:
    • January 26, 2016 6:18 AM CST

A few of us on our forum keep ours in long coat as pets and don't show...It's those I'm asking for.
      Do you think Barb that a silicone based leave it would offer more protection than water based since its wet from urine a lot of times for those that don't wipe it off right away?
    • January 26, 2016 7:04 AM CST

I'm sorry, I didn't mean it to sound like a pet owner could not manage a full coat.  I was more comparing the picture perfect long coat compared to what can easily  be expected with a pet in full coat. The reason you don't see staining on a show coat is because the coat is kept wrapped so it does not get exposed to anything dirty or damaging. 

I do think a silicone based may work better. I think it would probably repel liquid better. 

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• January 26, 2016 7:07 AM CST

Never would take any offence from you Barb...I value your options and advice.
      I'll try the silicone on my own little piddler and see how it goes before I advise them.
      Thank You so much
      (((Hugs)))
    • The following users say thanks to Crystal for this useful post:
    • January 26, 2016 12:04 PM CST

I agree about trying the silicone based products.  Also, not what you were asking...but at a dogshow this weekend I saw a gorgeous parti cocker in a wire crate with a little hair clip on the back of each leg, holding her hair to the side to prevent staining.  I think that, combined with some clean shaving in the sanitary area, and extending down a bit on the top inside leg (all hidden when coat drops) would help "let the urine flow unimpeded???"  The cocker wasn't sked to go into the ring for at least an hour, so the clips must have been effective or the handler would have NEVER EVER left it with a possibility to get wet & stained.  I think it would only take 10 secs to place little claw-type clips to  "hold the curtains" to the side when your pups go out.  But again, I know it's not what you asked :-)   There are also urine stain-removing products that handlers use for touch ups when a bath is not possible.

• January 28, 2016 8:09 AM CST

The hypnotic spray is definitely the way to go I've found out simply by using it this week.
      Pip had a upset tummy this morning on his walks...the poo did not stick to the hair and slid right off with baby wipes...no staining either.
      Abby's legs aren't staining no longer...her hair is being protected now....great product this is and a life saver.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel