Forums General Customer Relations "Firing" Clients and Refusing Dogs/Cats
  • Topic: When you just have that gut feeling....

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 1, 2016 1:36 PM CST
    • When you just have that gut feeling....

A couple weeks ago I made an appointment for a new client. I regretted it as soon as I did it.  It has been years since the dog was groomed, but a breed that doesn't necessarily require professional grooming.  The more I talked with her, the more unsettled I was about making it.

Every day I've looked at that appt in the book and every day I regretted making it. So today, I called and cancelled it.  She wasn't happy but I did give her a week's notice.  She needed it done before a specific date and I told her I was not able to reschedule before then.  The weight lifted off my shoulders was tremendous. I definitely do not regret cancelling it.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• The following users say thanks to tuckie for this useful post:
    • March 1, 2016 6:47 PM CST

Up until I actually did it, I was feeling really guilty about wanting to cancel it. I don't feel that way any more. :)

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• March 1, 2016 7:06 PM CST

What was the breed? I'm trying to figure out what breed doesn't require professional grooming, and yet made you feel so uneasy? Regardless, you have nothing to feel guilty about.

I have scheduled several appointments over the years that I regretted, but never actually cancelled any. The vast majority of the time, it turns out not to be as bad as I thought and I made myself anxious for nothing. But I may have just been lucky and one of these days my luck may run out. :-)

• March 1, 2016 7:08 PM CST

It was a Pomeranian, which could easily go without professional grooming, but talking with her, I didn't think the dog was going to be really open to having a stranger working on him.

Barb

• The following users say thanks to AmySuz for this useful post:

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel