Forums General Breed Styles Terriers
  • Topic: schnauzer question

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 2, 2016 1:04 PM CDT
    • schnauzer question

schnauzer questons: I have a person with a Schnauzer. she wants a show dog look but leave the legs longer, (rolling eyes) and she does not want the hair trimmed under the nose. I generally do that with my clippers for sanitary purposes. It is growing into the dogs mouth and looks nasty. it is wet and stained and stinks. What is the protocol for that area? what do the show dogs do about that area? Also what are the best clippers for cleaning the ear hair out rather than pulling it all? is there something tiny that is easier than the bravura for this purpose?

• The following users say thanks to Chilly for this useful post:
    • May 2, 2016 4:19 PM CDT
    • schnauzer question

Are you talking about the upper lip/right below the nose area? I've never clipped that before. My guess is that once it gets more length it won't curl into the mouth any more?  I do often stretch the lips and clip in that little pocket area on the bottom lip. Sometimes I will skim off any stained coat around the lips too, leaving plenty to cover it so you can't see it. 

There are some really tiny trimmers. Wahl makes the Peanut and Andis makes a tiny trimmer too. I have a very small pair of curved scissor with the blunt points. It's from Aussie Dog. I love them! They are great for eye corners, getting around the toenails on shaved feet and lots of other small places. 

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• The following users say thanks to admin for this useful post:
    • May 2, 2016 5:39 PM CDT
    • schnauzer question

my fave tini clipper is the Brav Mini, I LOVE IT & could NOT live without it for shih's between the eyes & blocking the nose.  Super for inside dog ears & I think more gentle than the Bravura set on 40.  Sadly I only have a couple schnauzers who do NOT have disgusting beards & they belong to owners who prefer a shorter/rounder beard...the long ones stink!

• The following users say thanks to tuckie for this useful post:
    • May 2, 2016 7:51 PM CDT
    • schnauzer question

thanks, yeah I am talking about the upper lip. I have always clipped that off, from the teeth side to the outside, on all the dogs, it looks so much nicer and keeps them so clean.  it is just one swipe from inside to out.

but this one schnauzer is not clipped and when she pants you can see it wrapping around and into her mouth. it just nasty....

interesting about the bav mini,, hmm, I will look that up, I just always use the bravua on 40 like you said!  I'll check it out.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel