Forums General Business Issues Employers/Employees
  • Topic: petsmart switching Salon managers over to salary in febuary

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 31, 2016 5:21 PM CST
    • petsmart switching Salon managers over to salary in febuary

Was notified that Petsmart is switching all salon managers over to salary in Febuary. I am thrilled as an older Groomer it will add longevity to my career. I was getting worried as i honestly cannot picture myself grooming 8 dogs a day in another ten years. More time to focus on management tasks and training without worrying about making ends meet. Thoughts? 

• December 31, 2016 6:06 PM CST

I think as long as they don't take advantage of over time it's a great thing!  Being a big corp store, I really doubt that would happen. I'd be happy too.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• December 31, 2016 6:31 PM CST

Just out of curiosity, how is that going to work? Will you still have to groom a certain quota? What's the base salary? What happens if the salon is understaffed and you have to groom more?
    • December 31, 2016 6:41 PM CST

The salon has to do the quota to make the "plan" for the week . Salon managers will be  picking up any overflow. Base salary is based on negotioations and experience . anywhere from 35,000=60,000. If understaffed the search fro trainable bathers to turn into groomers will begin. And then Salon managers job to train them . It is salon managers job now but it takes you away from the number of dogs that you can do everyday. that won't happen anymore as you are already on a set salary. 

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel