Forums General Groomer Health and Safety Other Physical Problems
  • Topic: Tennis Elbow

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 12, 2012 12:47 PM CDT
    • Tennis Elbow

I have been really bothered with pain in my elbow etc.  Physio says it is tennis elbow.  I have been doing the exercizes and iceing it but can't take time off - its really putting a damper in grooming, but hubby is on disability with severe arthritis and osteoporoisis, so I need to groom full time for the next 10 years.  Any help or suggestions would help.  The only thing I have changed is using my Taxi Vac for the last year and doing alot of reverse clipping could this be causing it.  Thanks to my GL support group- you are fantastic.

Pat

• April 12, 2012 2:50 PM CDT
    • Tennis Elbow

I have been meaning to post about my tennis elbow for months.

I have had very few wrist issues in the 25+ years that I have been grooming. Unfortunately, I think because I was so careful not to over work my wrist, I over used my elbow instead.

It became a big issue last year. I suffered with it for months. Not only did it hurt to move it, but it hurt to touch it.  Nothing seemed to help.  I took pain meds, I wrapped it, I even did laser therapy on it.

I don't remember when it happened, but one day I noticed it didn't hurt anymore.

A few weeks ago it flared back up. It was getting very painful.  Two Saturdays ago, I realized it didn't hurt, at all. Hmmmm

The day before, I had been to the chiropractor for my back.

Last June, I had some major back problems. I went to the Chiropractor several times.  If I look back, I am almost positive that my elbow problems would have been before the back issues and before several visits to the Chiropractor.

I've noticed the last few days that my back is feeling pretty tight and out of whack again. Yesterday, my elbow started to ache. 

My Chiro appts are not covered under my insurance, but only cost me $38. That is a whole lot less than what I would pay to see the doctor, get and buy a prescription for pain meds, and be told to stop using my elbow until it heals. (Yeah right)

I'll probably go see her again tomorrow. I'm very curious to see if my elbow pain goes away when I do.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• April 12, 2012 3:30 PM CDT
    • Tennis Elbow

Thanks, that was great, I was having wrist pain last year, went to physio but didn't seem to help, went to my chiropractor and offhandedly told him, he did a minipulation and like you later that week I realized no pain! Thanks for reminding me ... off to see my chiro tomorrow! pat

• April 12, 2012 6:43 PM CDT
    • Tennis Elbow

I was having issues with my elbows and arm and with chrip help and seeing a massage therapist it got waaaaaay better! We have to take care of our selves because no one will so take every opportunity to make your body last.
    • April 12, 2012 8:40 PM CDT
    • Tennis Elbow

I'm going to physio for my wrist & shoulder with a little elbow fun thrown in for good measure. My physiotherapist did an acupuncture treatment (only 3 needles) but it worked amazingly well.
      If one thing doesn't work try another, massage, chiro, acupuncture or combinations of them all.
    • January 14, 2015 3:45 PM CST
    • Tennis Elbow

I'm currently dealing with numbness in the last two digits in my left hand. I have pain that goes up my arm to my elbow. I assumed carpul tunnel, every groomers unfortunate demise (LOL). Went to my primary who refered me to an ortho who said they think it's actually my elbow causeing the numbness in the fingers. More specifically the Ulnar nerve or Ulnar nerve entrapmetn, and they want me to go get nerve testing done. Worse case is they will want to do surgery, which unless y arm is going to fall off I'm not on board with, or just to splint it and rest. HAs anyone else had this and what was the outcome? Does the Chiro really seem to help though for nerve issues? What about acupuncture? http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00069

Naturally Furry

• January 14, 2015 3:53 PM CST
    • Tennis Elbow

I was never a real chiro fan. Then I woke up one morning with back problems........

I had been having elbow issues on and off for years prior to that. After several chiro visits for my back, and a few follow ups as needed over the course of a few months, I realized my elbow hadn't bothered me in some time.

The next time I had an elbow flare up, I went to the chiropractor. It works.

I also have a hip that's out of whack. When my knee bothers me, an adjustment really helps.

I also recommend some good stretches like with Yoga or Pilates to go along with the chiro. If your muscles are tight, they will pull your spine back out of alignment pretty quickly.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel