Forums Off-Topic Random Thoughts
  • Topic: The time has come... Facebook is charging money

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 30, 2012 4:33 PM CDT
    • The time has come... Facebook is charging money

Just an FYI for anyone that has a Page (business not personal) on Facebook, if you want your posts to it to be seen by everyone who has liked the page, you have to pay for it.

Right under where I post is a button that says Promote. Click on it and it says "Get more people who like your Page to see this post" and it gives me the option of paying $5 to get it to approximately 500 newsfeeds.

So unless I pay, not everyone who has liked the page will see what is posted.....

I suppose that is a step to stopping all the companies who make pages and use them as free advertising for their products. 

Now, there is an option for the user to go to Pages they have Liked and request to see it in their newsfeed. If you hover over the Liked tab, you'll see the option to Show In Newsfeed. I don't know if that guarantees it if the page does not choose to pay for the postings.

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• May 30, 2012 5:14 PM CDT

Actually, as far as I understand it, the people who have "liked" the page will see it in THEIR newsfeed regardless of i you pay that $5 or not. You pay the $5 to be included in additional newsfeeds or as random inserts, even if you have not posted in your page recently. If the people who "like" your page have changed their settings to NOT see updates from your page, or only some updates from your page, I believe it can "push" the updates onto their newsfeed.

That's what someone who does a lot of facebook stuff for people told me when I was asking about "how effective would a FB page be for the business?".

• May 30, 2012 5:19 PM CDT

"Get more people who like your Page to see this post" 

That is what it says when you click the Promote button.  I saw a tutorial on it and nope, not everyone who likes the page gets to see the posts now.

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• May 30, 2012 9:21 PM CDT

I wonder if they are changing the pages gradually. Mine in a business page and still not getting the notice to pay.
      Or would it be because I never claimed my page? 

• May 30, 2012 9:25 PM CDT

My guess is gradually. I don't even know what claiming the page is, so I don't know if I ever did it or not. :)

I just made it.....

Barb

• June 4, 2012 9:41 PM CDT

admin said:

Now, there is an option for the user to go to Pages they have Liked and request to see it in their newsfeed. If you hover over the Liked tab, you'll see the option to Show In Newsfeed. I don't know if that guarantees it if the page does not choose to pay for the postings.

:)

It's a matter of everyone actually doing it. If they are not seeing the status updates, they won't know they may have to choose to see them......

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel