Forums General General Groomers Chat What are you grooming today?
  • Topic: Magicsea

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 10, 2012 7:22 PM CDT
    • Magicsea

Garoleen says I need to start my own thread so here it is. Not to toot my own horn but I am very happy with my TB face on a poodle today. Garoleen showed me on Cosmo and then I got to do Bentley by myself. Whatcha all think.  Both were a #1 soc body, 0 soc legs, scissor face. I missed a sticky outie on the underside of Cosmo's tail that wasn't seen till he was going out the door But at least I know so it's one more thing to pay attention to. My time was pretty slow as I really slow down when doing something new or haven't done very often. This afternoon I did a Shih Zu named Zuulu that is a little wired. Went pretty well. Hung her from a sling to do feet and legs. Mom likes her short so she is a 7 all over.She has a cute face but I personally don't like her looks that short. Pugsly is a very, very overweight pug that was a bath and furminate.  Otherwise it was bathing and nails and sani's for Garoleen.

• July 11, 2012 7:45 AM CDT
    • Magicsea

Great job and he is such a cutie!

Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy. Albert Einstein

• July 11, 2012 7:15 PM CDT
    • Magicsea

Thanks everyone. Today was 2 toy poodles-#1 soc reverse body, with legs, clean face/feet. Still takes me around 15 min on clean feet. Really gotta work on that. Takes Garoleen just over 5 min.!!!!  Sigh!!!!  Peke- #4 soc reverse, blend into head and legs. Dad dropped off, said wanted ears shorter. OK, Garoleen would have quizzed better I'm sure. To us newbies I thought it meant lenght and asked how much shorter and went from there. Mom picks up and no didn't want lenght shorter, she wanted shorter next to her eye cause it was getting in her eyes and she didn't like it. Fixed that and she didn't really say anything about the length, just frowned. I also made the mistake of only putting 1 flower in her ear and mom prefers 2, one in each ear. Opps, fixed that too. Then it was a Lasa????mix #7 shave down. Poor guy has really crooked legs so he is a "just make comfortable" and sent home. Not one of my better grooms either but I didn't hurt him too much and had him done in a timely manner. Alls well that ends well.

• July 13, 2012 6:09 PM CDT
    • Magicsea

I think Garoleen pretty much hit the nail on the head on Papsnpaints' thread. Very busy day. Loved it. It is really easy to get in the zone when I know I have more dogs coming. I know I've read in another thread the same so it really works. The only thing I had a prob. with was pom pom's on the Shih Tzu. I thought I had them ok but Garoleen fixed them so they were more defined. Looked much better her way too! Still, that was my second time for doing pom's so I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Her face was a TB like Bentley"s above and I nailed it again. Didn't get photo's, no time to spare! It was def. Fri the 13th as most of the dogs today did NOT want there feet messed with. Usually there is one or two, but not today. That's ok, the day still rocked.

• July 14, 2012 6:30 PM CDT
    • Magicsea

Unfort. there wasn't time. However, they were more like a Clydsedale's featherings rather than a Poodle's as in the hair hung down straight from the top of the pom pom.  She also had clean feet like a Poodle. She is a very cute petite Shih Tzu that pulls the look off well but I don't think it would work for most Shih Tzu's. She is also one that does not like her legs brushed nor her feet messed with. Yea!!!!  Had to put her in a sling and she still fought but it looked great (after Garoleen's help at least!)

• July 18, 2012 6:19 PM CDT
    • Magicsea

Yesteryday was an Am. Eskimo bath and deshed. Also had a Yorkie which was a shave down and bath, nails and sani's for Garoleen.

Today was 2 Shih's,#1 soc reverse on the older one and a #2 soc reverse on the younger. Another Am. Eskimo bath and deshed, a maltese #2 soc reverse (fear biter) and a goldendoodle bath and brush. Helped Garoleen with some St. Poodle puppies faces and tails and a bath,nails.

• July 18, 2012 9:02 PM CDT
    • Magicsea

You should have seen the Yorkie B4! Home chop job above the eyes and matted everywhere else. She looked darn cute after her groom. Good Job!

Because you can never have too much of a goat thing.

• July 20, 2012 8:12 PM CDT
    • Magicsea

Today was a little slow. 3 Shih mix's (Yorkie!!!!)  Bathed all three but only groomed one. C soc reverse body blend legs and head. Then a Mal bath, Garoleens groom. Other dog was a no show. This afternoon was a Border Col #2 soc reverse all over, blend head and a Bichon bath, again Garoleens groom. I like last Fri. better! It's easier to find my zone when busy! 

• July 20, 2012 8:44 PM CDT
    • Magicsea

Thanks! Only been at it since Oct. last year and started out with just the bath, dry and sani's. Was starting to learn in CA back in the early 90's but got away from it. Then it was fate! I got lain off full time at my job and Garoleen mentioned to my mom that she was thinking about hiring another groomer. I went in and we talked and decided we would try it. Watched some video's and got lots of advice from Garoleen and this is the result. Both of us are very happy although I have a bit of a confidence issue. It's great to have a go to person cause I ask questions-A lot of questions! When you have the right person to train you and the right person to learn that way of training, it just clicks.Thanks for everything you've done for me Garoleen!

• July 20, 2012 8:50 PM CDT
    • Magicsea

Indeed you are fortunate to have Garoleen to teach you! Nothing like learning from a pro. I have been grooming since mid January 2012 and I groom alone...yikes! I would give anything to have an experienced groomer to help me when I am over-whelmed and ready to give up. I have some very challanging days to say the least.

• July 21, 2012 11:09 AM CDT
    • Magicsea

Yea, but it helps that we can come here and learn more. I love to be able to get all diff. opinions and then try what works best for me. Just remember that we are all here for you on those bad days and as Garoleen says  "we will get there!"

• The following users say thanks to magicsea for this useful post:

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel